Posted
  • elbriga
    RE: Ports and hardware parts names? service pci usb lsof lspci lsusb
    alright! thanks
    Link to this post 06 Mar 12

alright! thanks

• elbriga
    RE: Ports and hardware parts names? service pci usb lsof lspci lsusb
    I think I didn't make myself clear... The thing I really want to know where is the data for "resolving" port names. Like: where lsof will go to translate "[b]80[/b]" into "[b]www[/b]", "22" into "ssh", and so on... I've checked the lsof source, but didn manage to find where it pulls this info from...
    Link to this post 06 Mar 12

I think I didn't make myself clear...

The thing I really want to know where is the data for "resolving" port names.

Like: where lsof will go to translate "80" into "www", "22" into "ssh", and so on...

I've checked the lsof source, but didn manage to find where it pulls this info from...

• elbriga
    Ports and hardware parts names? service pci usb lsof lspci lsusb
    Here does linux generally keeps this kind of info? I know is kept in a file somewhere...! Where is located in Debian? Like when you type lsof , lspci , lsusb and it shows all that info about the part / manufacturer Especially lsof that "resolve" port service names (like ssh ... www) Ports and hardware parts names? service pci usb lsof lspci lsusb
    Link to this post 02 Mar 12

Here does linux generally keeps this kind of info?
    I know is kept in a file somewhere...!
    Where is located in Debian?

Like when you type lsof , lspci , lsusb and it shows all that info about the part / manufacturer

Especially lsof that "resolve" port service names (like ssh ... www)

Ports and hardware parts names? service pci usb lsof lspci lsusb

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board