• Last Logged In: 10 Nov 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • HH2
    RE: Linux Mint 13 Mate install
    Thanks to both of you. Will copy text that loads at boot attempt. Will take some time to get back to it, but soon. Have not found out how to remove Mint partition data that loaded yet.
    Link to this post 10 Nov 12

Thanks to both of you. Will copy text that loads at boot attempt. Will take some time to get back to it, but soon. Have not found out how to remove Mint partition data that loaded yet.

• HH2
    Linux Mint 13 Mate install
    Totally new to Linux OS, objective is to run in a partition alongside of Windows 7. PC is a new,(2 months in use), Toshiba Satellite L875 laptop, with Windows Aero Direct 3D graphics card. Issue:Inserted a live DVD from "OS/Disc.com" of "Linux Mint 13 Mate", it began loading up to intro-page, an interruption occurred,in my rush to leave accidentally brushed some key and upon returning to continue the "Start" page now gives me the option of selecting Windows or Linux to boot. When Linux is selected it goes to a "grub,complete this command page" and I have no idea what to do. (Have tried many beginnings and endings to GU-). Have also tried reloading the DVD without success.
    Link to this post 05 Nov 12

Totally new to Linux OS, objective is to run in a partition alongside of Windows 7. PC is a
    new,(2 months in use), Toshiba Satellite L875 laptop, with Windows Aero Direct 3D graphics
    card. Issue:Inserted a live DVD from "OS/Disc.com" of "Linux Mint 13 Mate", it began loading
    up to intro-page, an interruption occurred,in my rush to leave accidentally brushed some key
    and upon returning to continue the "Start" page now gives me the option of selecting Windows
    or Linux to boot. When Linux is selected it goes to a "grub,complete this command page" and
    I have no idea what to do. (Have tried many beginnings and endings to GU-). Have also tried
    reloading the DVD without success.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board