• Last Logged In: 25 Nov 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • kelvin.k303
    Dual Booting Various Linux Distro - Windows
    Hello everyone! Im fairly new to Linux and I have purchased a load of new Distros. I will be installing quite a few on friends and families laptops and I just wondered which of the following Distros I have will and will not allow you to install the Linux OS alongside windows automatically (i.e when installing it gives you the option to boot alongside windows)... I don't want to risk wiping the Windows OS so Im a bit anxious to just go ahead and install them and also I dont want to have to set up partitions and install GRUB etc manually? Arch Linux Core Dual 19.08.11 Qimo 2.0 Centos 6.2 Debian 6.0 Ubuntu 12.1 Fedora 17 Mint 13 Mate OpenSuse 12.2 KDE PCLinuxOS Full Monty KDE Knoppix 6.7.1 Ultimate Edition Many thanks Kelvin
    Link to this post 25 Nov 12

Hello everyone! Im fairly new to Linux and I have purchased a load of new Distros. I will be installing quite a few on friends and families laptops and I just wondered which of the following Distros I have will and will not allow you to install the Linux OS alongside windows automatically (i.e when installing it gives you the option to boot alongside windows)...

I don't want to risk wiping the Windows OS so Im a bit anxious to just go ahead and install them and also I dont want to have to set up partitions and install GRUB etc manually?

Arch Linux Core Dual 19.08.11
    Qimo 2.0
    Centos 6.2
    Debian 6.0
    Ubuntu 12.1
    Fedora 17
    Mint 13 Mate
    OpenSuse 12.2 KDE
    PCLinuxOS Full Monty KDE
    Knoppix 6.7.1
    Ultimate Edition

Many thanks

Kelvin

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board