• Last Logged In: 25 Dec 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Sorber
    Installing MySQL Workbench on CentOS 5.x
    How do i get on from here? . . checking for GNOME_KEYRING... no checking for GNOME_KEYRING... no checking for GNOME... configure: error: Package requirements (gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.12) were not met: Requested 'gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.12' but version of gtkmm is 2.10.9 Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix. Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GNOME_CFLAGS and GNOME_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    Link to this post 22 Dec 12

How do i get on from here?

checking for GNOME_KEYRING... no
    checking for GNOME_KEYRING... no
    checking for GNOME... configure: error: Package requirements (gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.12) were not met:

Requested 'gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.12' but version of gtkmm is 2.10.9

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GNOME_CFLAGS
    and GNOME_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.

• Sorber
    How do i make a VNC connection via. a Putty SSH Tunnel to CentOS?
    I'm trying to create a VNC connection from a Windows 7 client to a CentOS 5.x The connection is closed immediately when i create the connection. I have followed these instructions. http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server In the Puty configutration i have tried with source 5801, target url:5801 and source 5901, target url:5901 Connection directly to the server works but then the connection is not secure. But it proves that there is no firewall or other network issues. TightVNC quits with "Connection has been gracefully closed" RealVNC says "The connection closed unexpectedly" Do i need to install the TightVNC server in order to use the TightVNC client?
    Link to this post 12 Dec 12

I'm trying to create a VNC connection from a Windows 7 client to a CentOS 5.x
    The connection is closed immediately when i create the connection.

I have followed these instructions.
    http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server

In the Puty configutration i have tried with source 5801, target url:5801
    and source 5901, target url:5901

Connection directly to the server works but then the connection is not secure. But it proves that there is no firewall or other network issues.

TightVNC quits with "Connection has been gracefully closed"
    RealVNC says "The connection closed unexpectedly"

Do i need to install the TightVNC server in order to use the TightVNC client?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board