• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 04 Jan 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • JonComabat
    Embeded linux newb USB interface Question?
    I'm a linux Newb. Engineering dropped of a prototype pcb that has embedded linux. I have access to terminal commands and need to manually test the USB ports on the board. I run the lsusb command and get the following: root@TSSC:/$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:7500 root@TSSC:/$ I need to read/write a character to each port. How can I manually perform this task using terminal commands. I plan on connecting the usb tx/rx lines so I can loopback the character i am sending. Any suggestions on how to perform this task?
    Link to this post 20 Dec 12

I'm a linux Newb. Engineering dropped of a prototype pcb that has embedded linux. I have access to terminal commands and need to manually test the USB ports on the board. I run the lsusb command and get the following:
    root@TSSC:/$ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:7500
    root@TSSC:/$
    I need to read/write a character to each port. How can I manually perform this task using terminal commands. I plan on connecting the usb tx/rx lines so I can loopback the character i am sending. Any suggestions on how to perform this task?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board