• Last Logged In: 17 May 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • ogle
    no sound
    I have installed Linux mint and windows 7 as a dual boot on my fujitsu E8020 laptop, windows 7 is no problem using the Realtek HD audio manager using AC290 codecs but Mint, Ubuntu and Sabayon will not see any audio let alone hear anything on the laptop and only shows the built in audio which doesn’t make any sound at all, not on any music or videos with VLC player but works well with win 7, I have tried for two days to get it going, on the point of junking all Linux and sticking to Windows 7 which works well with VLC, which is a shame as it’s taken a long time to set up a dual boot system laptop! Is there anyone or anything I can do to rectify my problem. Thank you for any help anybody might give Ogle
    Link to this post 17 May 13

I have installed Linux mint and windows 7 as a dual boot on my fujitsu E8020 laptop, windows 7 is no problem using the Realtek HD audio manager using AC290 codecs but Mint, Ubuntu and Sabayon will not see any audio let alone hear anything on the laptop and only shows the built in audio which doesn’t make any sound at all, not on any music or videos with VLC player but works well with win 7, I have tried for two days to get it going, on the point of junking all Linux and sticking to Windows 7 which works well with VLC, which is a shame as it’s taken a long time to set up a dual boot system laptop! Is there anyone or anything I can do to rectify my problem.
    Thank you for any help anybody might give
    Ogle

• ogle
    RE: wifi on 12.04 and other questions
    I have installed Linux mint and windows 7 as a dual boot on my laptop, windows 7 is no problem using the Realtek HD audio manager using AC290 codecs but Mint, Ubuntu and Sabayon will not see any audio let alone hear anything on the laptop and only uses the built in audio which doesn’t make any sound at all, not on any music or videos with VLC player I have tried for two days to get it going, on the point of junking all Linux and sticking to Windows 7 which works well with VLC, which is a shame as it’s taken a long time to set up a dual boot system laptop! Is there anyone or anything I can do to rectify my problem. Thank you for any help anybody might give Ogle
    Link to this post 16 May 13

I have installed Linux mint and windows 7 as a dual boot on my laptop, windows 7 is no problem using the Realtek HD audio manager using AC290 codecs but Mint, Ubuntu and Sabayon will not see any audio let alone hear anything on the laptop and only uses the built in audio which doesn’t make any sound at all, not on any music or videos with VLC player I have tried for two days to get it going, on the point of junking all Linux and sticking to Windows 7 which works well with VLC, which is a shame as it’s taken a long time to set up a dual boot system laptop! Is there anyone or anything I can do to rectify my problem.
    Thank you for any help anybody might give
    Ogle

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board