• Last Logged In: 09 Aug 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • tolinrome
    Skype Microphone Doesnt Work
    I have Linux Mint and I can use video and hear fine with the headset and the microphone does work (in Windows and IP phone etc), but when I'm in Skype the microphone doesnt work. On Sound Devices it says "It appears your system has PulseAudio running: to change sound settings you need to use your desktop manager volume control or pulseaudio volume control. Ok, I do not know where\how to access those things. I cannot find pulseaudio settings anywhere or anything that says desktop manager. Please help someone, thanks.
    Link to this post 09 Aug 13

I have Linux Mint and I can use video and hear fine with the headset and the microphone does work (in Windows and IP phone etc), but when I'm in Skype the microphone doesnt work.

On Sound Devices it says "It appears your system has PulseAudio running: to change sound settings you need to use your desktop manager volume control or pulseaudio volume control.

Ok, I do not know where\how to access those things. I cannot find pulseaudio settings anywhere or anything that says desktop manager.

Please help someone, thanks.

• tolinrome
    I know nothing...
    I know nothing of Linux and after reading a few articles etc I'm currently downloading linux mint. I want to though, run it on a Windows 7 platform. What VM can I use that will host Linux Mint? Also, Since I know networking\sytem admin (but its all Windows), I read on a forum here that releases such as slackware are the best to use to really learn linux since you have to do all the leg work to get the OS running. I guess this is a common way to learn? What, though, is the best or what should I start with as a linux Distro for Server Administration? Thanks!
    Link to this post 17 Jul 13

I know nothing of Linux and after reading a few articles etc I'm currently downloading linux mint. I want to though, run it on a Windows 7 platform. What VM can I use that will host Linux Mint?

Also, Since I know networking\sytem admin (but its all Windows), I read on a forum here that releases such as slackware are the best to use to really learn linux since you have to do all the leg work to get the OS running. I guess this is a common way to learn?

What, though, is the best or what should I start with as a linux Distro for Server Administration?

Thanks!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board