Posted
  • Unkabuzz
    RE: Windows 7 ???
    Thanks, I will try that
    Link to this post 29 Aug 13

Thanks, I will try that

• Unkabuzz
    Windows 7 ???
    I know that this will ruffle some feathers... I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Mint/Cinnamon. I'm trying to recover Windows 7 from a major screw-up on my part. At start, the option to boot into Windows Recovery Environment is there and I selected it. I get expected results (loading files, Splash screen), and a nice picture of green grass with dew on it, but then I get a ""Terminal" window. Administrator X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe Inside the terminal window it says; Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7100] X:\windows\system32>_ It seems as if it's waiting for me to enter "something" before it will continue to install the recovery. I tried entering my password, hitting enter, Esc, Ctrl-Alt-Del, My computers name, exe, cmd.exe.......... Any advice as to what I should enter to get it to actually load the recovery??? Microsoft was zero help.... I can and do use Mint, but I want to restore Windows 7 also.
    Link to this post 29 Aug 13

I know that this will ruffle some feathers...
    I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Mint/Cinnamon. I'm trying to recover Windows 7 from a major screw-up on my part. At start, the option to boot into Windows Recovery Environment is there and I selected it. I get expected results (loading files, Splash screen), and a nice picture of green grass with dew on it, but then I get a ""Terminal" window.

Administrator X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

Inside the terminal window it says;

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7100]
    X:\windows\system32>_

It seems as if it's waiting for me to enter "something" before it will continue to install the recovery. I tried entering my password, hitting enter, Esc, Ctrl-Alt-Del, My
    computers name, exe, cmd.exe.......... Any advice as to what I should enter to get it to actually load the recovery??? Microsoft was zero help....

I can and do use Mint, but I want to restore Windows 7 also.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board