• Last Logged In: 14 Dec 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • betarunner
    Help with enabling USB connected wifi device with BackTrack 5 R3
    I decided to use my second computer as my designated Backtrack 5 R3 computer, but unfortunately it's in the basement and is unable to get a wired connection. I have been using a USB WiFi adaptor for the computer for the past two years, and it works fine on Windows but not Backtrack. Please note that I am not running BackTrack 5 R3 on a VM, it is installed alongside my other operating system(s)... Anyhow, I put in the disc for my WiFi adaptor and installed the software for it, but it won't run the program(I wasn't too surprised by this), so I can't enter my network details to connect to the internet the way I normally would. I am still new to Linux, so how should I go about this problem? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks!
    Link to this post 14 Dec 13

I decided to use my second computer as my designated Backtrack 5 R3 computer, but unfortunately it's in the basement and is unable to get a wired connection.
    I have been using a USB WiFi adaptor for the computer for the past two years, and it works fine on Windows but not Backtrack.
    Please note that I am not running BackTrack 5 R3 on a VM, it is installed alongside my other operating system(s)...
    Anyhow, I put in the disc for my WiFi adaptor and installed the software for it, but it won't run the program(I wasn't too surprised by this), so I can't enter my network details to connect to the internet the way I normally would.

I am still new to Linux, so how should I go about this problem?

Any and all help appreciated.
    Thanks!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board