• Last Logged In: 22 Dec 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • joveraths
    RE: RE: D-Link DGE-528T
    Thanks! I'll remove DGE-528T from my acquisitions list. Unfortunately that leaves only: Netgear GA320T Intel EXPI9301CTBLK Any idea if either of these will work on my board? Just finding these three required a lot of Google searches, so I'm not to keen to start over.
    Link to this post 22 Dec 13

Thanks! I'll remove DGE-528T from my acquisitions list. Unfortunately that leaves only:
    Netgear GA320T
    Intel EXPI9301CTBLK
    Any idea if either of these will work on my board? Just finding these three required a lot of Google searches, so I'm not to keen to start over.

• joveraths
    RE: D-Link DGE-528T
    According to Linux-Hardware-Guide.com, this NIC requires a board that "supports the PCI 2.2 spezifikation, because the card can not be used on older mainboard which only support PCI 2.1 (or lower)." Can anyone confirm or refute this? I see no such hardware requirement in any specs for this NIC. I need to know as my Gigabyte motherboards are all 770, 790X, or 790FX chipsets, and so far as I can tell, only use the PCI 2.0. Thanks.
    Link to this post 15 Dec 13

According to Linux-Hardware-Guide.com, this NIC requires a board that "supports the PCI 2.2 spezifikation, because the card can not be used on older mainboard which only support PCI 2.1 (or lower)." Can anyone confirm or refute this? I see no such hardware requirement in any specs for this NIC. I need to know as my Gigabyte motherboards are all 770, 790X, or 790FX chipsets, and so far as I can tell, only use the PCI 2.0. Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board