• Last Logged In: 31 Dec 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Ewittlinux
    RE: Linux for College
    I am currently using Kubuntu Linux 11.04 after being a dedicated Ubuntu user since version 7.04 I recently decided to move onto another distro. I don't like Gnome 3 that most if not all Linux distro's are promoting. Within Kubuntu Linux, this is a KDE look and feel. Remember this, installing a Linux distro takes up to a half-hour. After installation has completed, run the distro for a day or two... You will get good enough to make your mind up after a few installations... If you do go with a Gnome environment, I would recommend Ubuntu 10.04 LT do not upgrade the operating system to 11.04 you will be sorry. Again, as I just said, it only takes a few minutes to install a Linux operating system (look it over) you might like Ubuntu 11.04. The only thing I can say is I think the reliability Ubuntu used to offer is gone. You need to learn how to download the .iso files for each Linux distro, and then learn how to burn the images to a DVD and you will be off and running. Edward Wittlinger
    Link to this post 07 Sep 11

I am currently using Kubuntu Linux 11.04 after being a dedicated Ubuntu user since version 7.04 I recently decided to move onto another distro. I don't like Gnome 3 that most if not all Linux distro's are promoting.

Within Kubuntu Linux, this is a KDE look and feel. Remember this, installing a Linux distro takes up to a half-hour. After installation has completed, run the distro for a day or two...

You will get good enough to make your mind up after a few installations...

If you do go with a Gnome environment, I would recommend Ubuntu 10.04 LT do not upgrade the operating system to 11.04 you will be sorry.

Again, as I just said, it only takes a few minutes to install a Linux operating system (look it over) you might like Ubuntu 11.04.

The only thing I can say is I think the reliability Ubuntu used to offer is gone.

You need to learn how to download the .iso files for each Linux distro, and then learn how to burn the images to a DVD and you will be off and running.

Edward Wittlinger

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board