The Linux.com directory is a user-contributed and -reviewed database of software applications that run on the Linux operating system; Linux-compatible hardware; and books covering the Linux ecosystem. As time goes on, and the directory becomes more complete, it will be an invaluable resource for Linux users of all experience levels.
Adding a listing is very simple. Navigate to the section into which you want to add a listing and follow these steps:
- Click the Add your listing here link. This will open the Add Listing page.
- Fill in the information on the form. You can add as much information as you want, though the website URL for the directory entry is required.
Note: use the Book Description and ISBN fields when you add a book listing, but use Specifications when describing hardware or software.
- Click Submit. A site administrator will review the listing and approve it for publication.
Adding your own reviews is even easier. Just navigate to the listing you want to review.
- Click Submit Review.
- Add your information. Be honest, but also try to be helpful.
- Click Submit. A site administrator will moderate the review and approve it for publication.