Univention Corporate Client (UCC) is a flexible and efficiently manageable operating system for PCs, notebooks and thin clients in companies and institutions. The software contains a Linux-based desktop environment optimised for business use.
UCC allows the considerable adaptation of the desktops to the respective hardware and intended application. In addition, it can be managed conveniently and efficiently via the web-based Univention Management Console. In comparison to other desktop systems, UCC guarantees integrated administration procedures for users, clients, desktops and permissions and effectively does away with the use of different, uncoordinated tools. UCC serves as a platform for access to remote desktop solutions and virtualized desktops as well as browser or terminal server-based applications.
1. Massive reduction of administration efforts thanks to fully automatic installation, central update management and
integral user and rights management via policies and desktop
2. Support of many thin client devices and connected hardware
3. Support of all popular remote desktops and desktop virtualization
environments from Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and Univention
4. Ideal for use in heterogeneous environments with Linux &
5. Cost-effective in terms of the costs for implementation,
maintenance, administration and operation
6. Hardware monitoring of servers and clients with Nagios (including
notification mechanism in the event of collapses)
7. Open standards ensure easy adaptability and simple expansion
8. UCC is 100% Open Source software
Server: At least one instance of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is required for the rollout and management of UCC (a virtual instance can also be used)
Client: UCC supports a wide range of popular PCs, laptops and thin clients and kiosk systems from different manufacturers (e.g., HP, Igel, Fujitsu Technology Solutions ...)