A message for Linux.com registered users: We are in the process of making changes to the Linux forums. Starting Monday, 8/13/18 at 6:00 PM PT, you will be unable to access the forums. They will re-launch as soon as possible on Wednesday, 8/15/18 with new features and improved functionality. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for the new improved forums.
QtCAM - Open Source UVC Linux Camera Software
QtCAM is e-con’s open source Linux webcam software. This Qt Linux camera software application provides easier user interface for capturing and viewing video from devices supported by Linux UVC driver. It would also work with any V4L2 compatible device.
Qt Camera Features
- Image Quality Settings – Users can adjust brightness, contrast and camera supported UVC controls.
- Still Capture Settings – Users can select image type (JPG, PNG, RAW, BMP) and the location to save the image.
- Video Capture Settings – Users can change the preview based on the selected format and resolution. Allow users to view number of frames played and get FPS information.
- Supported Image types: JPG, PNG, RAW, BMP.
- Supported encoder formats: YUV, MJPEG, H264, VP8.
- Supported containers: mkv, avi.
- Extension settings available for selected e-con cameras.
- The key differentiators of this Linux camera application are - it has 10+ image control settings, frame rate (FPS) display, colour space switching and extension settings for select cameras.