A message for Linux.com registered users: We are in the process of making changes to the Linux forums. Starting Monday, 8/13/18 at 6:00 PM PT, you will be unable to access the forums. They will re-launch as soon as possible on Wednesday, 8/15/18 with new features and improved functionality. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for the new improved forums.
Can someone please advise how to install OnlyWire in Fedora?
The instructions are at the following page:
1. Using your browser of choice click on Click Here next to OnlyWire Submitter on the Tools page.
Click Here To Access The Downloads Page
2. Click Download Now and the OnlyWire Submitter .zip file will download to your computer.
3. Move the OnlyWire .zip file to your Home directory.
4. Unzip the OnlyWire .zip file. This will create a folder called OnlyWireLinux in your Home directory.
5. Create a text file in the OnlyWireLinux folder called config.txt. This file should contain one line of text:
users=Your OnlyWire Username Goes Here
For example, if your username is joe123 the one line of text would read:
6. Open a Terminal and navigate to the OnlyWireLinux folder and run the following command:
java -jar OnlyWire.jar
The latest Sun/Oracle Java 6 is required to run the OnlyWire submitter application.
You must keep the Terminal window open for the Submitter application to process your submissions. If you close the Terminal window you close the Submitter application. The OnlyWire submitter application processes submissions every 10 minutes automatically.
I am using Fedora 14 with Mozilla Firefox and I can't get OnlyWire installed.
I have downloaded the latest Sun/Oracle Java 6. I have also downloaded the OnlyWire Submitter.zip file and moved it to my home directory. Clicking on it does unzip it and I created a text file in the OnlyWireLinux folder called config.txt with the 'users=Your OnlyWire Username Goes Here' line of text in it and moved it into the unzipped folder but the unzipped folder does not appear anywhere in the home folder so I have no idea how to navigate to the OnlyWireLinux folder in an open terminal. I am logged in as su. I would have thought the path would be /xxxxxx/home/OnlyWireLinux but I get:
[root@XX xxxxxx]# /xxxxxx/home/OnlyWireLinux
bash: /marneo/home/OnlyWireLinux: No such file or directory
[root@XX xxxxxx]# /home/xxxxxx/OnlyWireLinux
bash: /home/xxxxxx/OnlyWireLinux: No such file or directory
What would the proper file path be?