July 9, 2011

Live365 Internet Radio and Fedora 15

Forums: 

I can't work without my Radio Vietnam on Live365.... so as I am setting up my new Fedora 15, and just finished "mastering the Beast" know as USB Wireless Adaptors, I am ready to set up my radio, but... It doesn't work!!!!

I am trying to migrate my internet usage to the Linux machine and put my Winblows 7 offline, but... well not until this radio is fixed.

So here is a run down, Fedora has offered me some options, Rhythembox, Radio Tray, and Streamtuner2.

Streamtuner2 looked to have the most promise, but there are tons of stations that appear on the multipal internet radio station provider tabs (i.e. SHOUTcast, Xiph.org, Google), but at the bottom of the page it says, "Category parsed empty" ... What, there is a whole list of stations. Then if you double click on one, it pops up and says, i.e. "No decoder found for http://85.239.108.31:8000/rtl-live128".

And on top of that, Streamtuner2 can't even contact by beloved Live365!

I can't seem to figure out Radio Tray, if I pick a station, I get an error message, "A Problem has Occurred - A crash in the radiotray-0.6.3-2fc15 package has been detected.... So I get no where with it.

My Rhythmbox is working, but no audio! Ha Ha Ha... and no Live 365.

This all reminds me of remolding a bathroom and running to Lowes 10 times for the same screw.

So, if anyone has any ideas, I am game, and If not.... I just by another Wireless Internet Radio from Logitech. (They are really cool!)

Thanks

Click Here!