A message for Linux.com registered users: We are in the process of making changes to the Linux forums. Starting Monday, 8/13/18 at 6:00 PM PT, you will be unable to access the forums. They will re-launch as soon as possible on Wednesday, 8/15/18 with new features and improved functionality. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for the new improved forums.
I have no idea what Subject means in this context
I'm glad I could draw your attention to this thread.
Linux.com looks really nice and I can't wait to dive into what it offers (got a recommendation kind of at irc.freenode.net#freegamer).
There are a lot of weird things I noticed while registering and writing this message.
1. There is no feedback forum (that's why I write it here)
2. You require me to enter my name, write a "about me" and reveal my profession. why?
3. You require me to choose from different "account types" without telling me what consequences this will have
4. You imply that I have a favorite distribution which makes me think I'm signing up to a flamewar army. I want the "none" option and it should be auto-selected.
5. This message I'm writing has a "Name" and a "Subject" - pretty confusing.