Install 3rd party repository manually..
Let us say you would like to install 3rd party repository from foo.nixcraft.com.
Create a file called foo:
# cd /etc/yum.repos.d
# vi foo
Append following code:
Save and close the file.
* [foo] : Repository name i.e. The [main] section must exist for yum to do anything.
* name=Foo for RHEL/ CentOS $releasever - $basearch : A human readable string describing the repository name
* baseurl=http://foo.nixcraft.com/centos/$releasever/$basearch/ : Must be a URL to the directory where the yum repository‚Äôs ‚Äòrepodata‚Äô directory lives
* enabled=1 : Enabled or disabled repo. To disable the repository temporarily, set the enabled to 0
* gpgcheck=1 : Security feature, use GPG key
* gpgkey=http://foo.nixcraft.com/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt : GPL file location
Also you need to import the gpg key for the repository as follows:
# rpm --import http://foo.nixcraft.com/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt
Now you are ready to install software from foo repository.
For further information refer to yum.conf man page:
# man yum.conf
# man yum
Hope this tip will help you to configure repository as and when required.