February 18, 2016

[SOLVED] UPDATE page 2 post 5:Linux Mint 17.3 Live DVD Error: Possible Hardware Issue

Forums: 

You can find my system specs HERE

Using compatibility mode, I still can't get the live DVD for Xfce 17.3 64 bit to boot completely. I get further with compatibility mode but still no dice. The last readable thing on the screen is:
CPUFreq Utilities: Setting ondemand CPUFreq governor...
Then it is all scrambled and running very fast. I have video of it, but the file is very large. HERE are images that go with the before, after and how my ASUS UEFI Firmware (version 501) is set at default. After researching and some help from a member, I think it is an issue with my hardware. I checked MD5 before creating the live DVD and was successful at putting this on the laptop, which has older hardware. However, I'm very new to all of this. My goal is to ditch Windows all together.

When trying to boot live DVD with following UEFI settings, there is a quick flash of code (that can't be read) then there is no output to my monitors.

Fastboot: Disabled
CSM: Auto
Secure Boot: Enabled
OS Type Windows UEFI mode

Scrambled Code 01 goes with Before and After images 01 in the linked Google Drive folder above.

CSM: Enabled
Boot Device Control: UEFI and Legacy OPROM
OS Type: Windows UEFI mode

Scrambled Code 02 goes with Before and After images in the linked Google Drive folder above.

CSM: Enabled
Boot Device Control: Legacy Only
OS Type: Other OS

On all I have not disabled secure boot, as it is not an option in my UEFI. I can however delete the secure boot keys (the last two images in the folder).

Click Here!