February 20, 2018

Scheduling, multiple schedulers, manual scheduling

Multiple Schedulers

On the CKA exam there's a question, "Understand how to run multiple schedulers and how to configure Pods to use them".

On the material, in chapter 11.3, it includes "Understand how to run multiple schedulers."

However on 11.17, it says "programming a custom scheduler is ourside the scope of this course."

Am I understanding correctly, that I'll be able to answer the question at the exam, with the knowledge from 11.8, pod spec, "Each pod could then include a schedulerName to choose which scheduler to use."?

I don't feel very well equipped to "run multiple schedulers", but I've also only completed the "old" material, and have just glossed over the new, so please let me know if I've overlooked where this is taught specifically.

Manual Scheduling

There's also a question about Manually scheduling a pod without a scheduler. Is this to be understood like, being able to schedule a pod using affinities, nodeSelectors and labels? - apologies if this question is more exam- than course-related, but the course is supposed to be preparation for the exam.

Thank you.

Click Here!