December 6, 2010

Having Lubuntu 10.10 work with a router.

Forums: 

I'm asking about getting atleast two computers online at the same time. The router I ordered finally came in .... The router I have has 3 LAN ports and 1 WAN port (for the cable modem). It has a variety of wirless encryption types that it supports including WPA2. Here's the strange thing about it...it just doesn't have the comuter with Linux Lubuntu 10.10 online...through this router when I use the Ethernet cable...and the wireless connection gets lost easy even though the damn USB wireless-N device from the Linux computer is touching--or is a matter of a few inches from--the antenna of the router! Another strange thing is I can boot a different computer...which is a laptop that I have temporarily because I fixed something with it....up with the Lubunutu 10.10 Linux boot CD--choose to Try Linux without installing it on the laptop --and have it online with no problem through this router....(no manual configuration necessary)...I don't get what's different with the laptop versus my Linux computer. Also, I can get my Linux computer online if I bypass the router but I'm trying to have it work with the router so I caqn have more than one computer online at the same time.

Please help me understand how I can fix this...

Thanks in advanced for any helpful response / advice.