Our friends at VentureBeat are holding a new developer event, DevBeat, November 12-13 in San Francisco. They've offered two awesome offers for the Linux community.
First of all, Linux.com readers get 25% off just by clicking here for the discount.
Next, if you're looking to score a free ticket, we've got three of them! But we want to learn more about what developers inspire you, so we're running a contest on Twitter. Tweet what developer(s) inspire you using both the #DevBeat hashtag and #DevBeatLinux. We'll draw three winners Friday.
Here's a little bit more about the event, provided by the VentureBeat folks.
What to Expect:
- Take 'master classes' on Node, Angular, Python, Ruby, Java, and more
- Dive into workshops on security, design, and dev team leadership
- Hear talks from hackers like DHH, Stallman, Lerdorf, and many others
- Make decisions about what to learn, do, and be in the years to come
- Hack hardware hands-on with your peers
- Venture deeper into polyglot territory
- Richard Stallman, Founder, Free Software Foundation
- Rasmus Lerdorf, Creator, PHP
- David Heinemeir Hansson, Creator, Ruby on Rails
- Tim Bray, Dev Advocate, Google
- Tom Preston-Werner, Co-Founder & CEO, GitHub
- Raymond Camden, Senior Developer Evangelist, Adobe
- Jeff Lawson, Co-Founder and CEO, Twilio
- Alex Payne, Programmer, Writer & Angel Investor
- Tracy Chou, Engineer, Pinterest,
- Hadi Partovi, Co-Founder & CEO, Code.org
- John Ellis, Head of Dev Program, Ford
- Edward Hieatt, COO, Pivotal Labs
- Jonathan LeBlanc, Principal Developer Evangelist, PayPal
- Eric Minick, DevOps Evangelist, IBM
- See them all here