Linux training is key to advancing your career. The Linux server market is poised to reach $50 billion dollars in three years. The embedded, mobile and netbook markets have exploded recently, resulting in rapid expansion of Linux use in companies previously who used proprietary offerings. When a market grows this quickly, the need for well trained developer talent rises just as precipitously. The freelance marketplace Odesk recently found that Linux related jobs surged from 128 in 2006 to 2014 jobs listed in its service in 2009. The Linux Foundation is meeting this demand with a new Linux training program that will produce developers with unmatched technical skills.
Built in concert with its Technical Advisory Board (which comprises leading maintainers from the Linux community), the Linux Training Program from the Linux Foundation will feature courses taught by many of the actual community developers. With the Linux Training from the Linux Foundation program attendees know they are receiving training that is vendor-neutral, technically advanced and built in conjunction with the actual leaders of the Linux development community themselves. The Linux training classes will give attendees the broad, foundational knowledge and networking needed to thrive in their careers today.
The Linux Training Program from the Linux Foundation is:
- For the Community, by the Community. The Linux Foundation is building the program with its Technical Advisory Board to ensure the content, instructors and classes are the top quality available.
- Technically the most advanced. Since the Linux Foundation works directly with community developers, it can cover features and advances in Linux before commercial companies.
- Connected. The Linux Foundation has unfettered access to the leading developers and companies in the Linux ecosystem and will use these connections to best position attendees for success. For example, attendees can attend the exclusive, invite-only Collaboration Summit where they can forge connections beneficial to their career.
- Real World. The Linux Foundation training courses all have hands on components and a highly rigorous curriculum of programming or administration exercises. Graduates will be well equipped to master Linux programming and system administration tasks
Linux training courses will be provided in three core offerings:
- Training offered at the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit and LinuxCon allowing developers to attend advanced training as a part of their conference experience.
- Courses held in cities throughout the U.S. and around the world, including the Boston, London, Ottawa, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
- Online Linux training for those who can’t travel for in person classes
- Custom courses for corporations who need training to help advance their developer core
Specific courses offered include:
- Embedded Linux Development
- Developing Linux Device Drivers
- Linux Kernel Internals and Debugging
- Developing Applications For Linux
- Linux Performance Tuning
- Developing with GIT
The Linux Foundation is a lifelong resource in connecting students with the development and vendor community and help them stay informed about employment opportunities through our events, workgroups, web properties and membership offerings. The Linux Foundation also offers Free Linux Training to individuals by connecting them to the leaders of Linux.