• Last Logged In: 30 Sep 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • hk2000
    transfer NTFS files to ext2 or FAT32
    is it possible to transfer NTFS files to ext2 partition? If so what os should be used? linux or window? how about NTFS to FAT32 ? thanks for expert opinion. Simon
    Link to this post 30 Sep 09

is it possible to transfer NTFS files to ext2 partition?
    If so what os should be used? linux or window?
    how about NTFS to FAT32 ?
    thanks for expert opinion.

Simon

• hk2000
    formatted hard disk in linux ext2 files
    Dear friends I was very frustrated after my external hard disk was accidentally formatted by TV set top box ,which was in linux ext2FS format and contained .ts and .tv folders. I tried several online data recovery softwares and 3 local data recovery companies in Hong Kong but all failed to recover the folders. A staff in one of the data recovery company told me that the reason for failure was because the folder codes,each was a 8 digits number in 16 bit numericals ,were all deleted,though the data was still present. Hence it is impossible to recover the folders no matter what method or software is employed. Is it true? I was very depressed after this accident and certainly want to recover the folders as far as possible :( Thanks for any help regards Simon
    Link to this post 19 Sep 09

Dear friends
    I was very frustrated after my external hard disk was accidentally formatted by TV set top box ,which was in linux ext2FS format and contained .ts and .tv folders. I tried several online data recovery softwares and 3 local data recovery companies in Hong Kong but all failed to recover the folders. A staff in one of the data recovery company told me that the reason for failure was because the folder codes,each was a 8 digits number in 16 bit numericals ,were all deleted,though the data was still present. Hence it is impossible to recover the folders no matter what method or software is employed. Is it true?
    I was very depressed after this accident and certainly want to recover the folders as far as possible :(

Thanks for any help
    regards

Simon

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board