• Last Logged In: 04 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • j.lathian
    RE: Gorgeous
    Good luck with everything. It's well worth it. Ubuntu is indeed Gorgeous. Not only the distribution, but the community of developers, users, and advocates. Rock on! Justin
    Link to this post 14 May 09

Good luck with everything. It's well worth it. Ubuntu is indeed Gorgeous. Not only the distribution, but the community of developers, users, and advocates.

Rock on!
    Justin

• j.lathian
    List Your Favourite CLI Programs & Utilities
    List your favourite CLI programs. :) Even though I'm in GNOME most of the time, I still use [b]irssi[/b], and [b]MOC[/b], [b]nano[/b]. I've started to use [b]grep[/b] a lot more than I have been. For the longest time, I could never use the darn thing, but, I guess as time serves you get accustomed to what is used. I also use[b] Find[/b], and [b]Locate[/b]. That's pretty much it, or at least all I can think of right now. Justin B)

List your favourite CLI programs. :)

Even though I'm in GNOME most of the time, I still use irssi, and MOC, nano. I've started to use grep a lot more than I have been. For the longest time, I could never use the darn thing, but, I guess as time serves you get accustomed to what is used. I also use Find, and Locate.

That's pretty much it, or at least all I can think of right now.

Justin B)

• j.lathian
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    I quite like the new forums. But, as others have said I think some things should be tweaked a bit better. - Smaller right column, bigger left column. Or, wider page with wider left column. -Comma between the users viewing said topic in the forum That's all I can think of right now because I just signed up. The new site gave me the ambition to sign up. The older one which I didn't really often go to is in the dust now, and I think the people who made this happen are doing an excellent job. The site looks a lot more appealing visually, and hopefully will provide a lot of content for users and the community alike. _____________ [b]Just for the record[/b]: I just went to preview my post, and it didn't come up after two minutes of waiting. I just posted the topic anyway, and it has appeared. Not only commas between users, but the table with the users viewing the forums should be fixed as well. I'm sure it's already taken into consideration, but there's a screenshot of the problem attached to the message. I'm running Firefox 3.0.10. "Select image file to attach" when browsing, and selecting said image the URL is white conflicting with the selected form. Once highlighting the picture URL it turns blue. I'm not sure if the Desktop Environment covers those colours, or if it's the site, or my default Firefox theme. Could be the same with "Select file attach" form, too. All the best. B) Justin [img size=621]http://linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Screenshot.png[/img]

I quite like the new forums. But, as others have said I think some things should be tweaked a bit better.

- Smaller right column, bigger left column. Or, wider page with wider left column.
    -Comma between the users viewing said topic in the forum

That's all I can think of right now because I just signed up. The new site gave me the ambition to sign up. The older one which I didn't really often go to is in the dust now, and I think the people who made this happen are doing an excellent job. The site looks a lot more appealing visually, and hopefully will provide a lot of content for users and the community alike.

Just for the record: I just went to preview my post, and it didn't come up after two minutes of waiting. I just posted the topic anyway, and it has appeared.

Not only commas between users, but the table with the users viewing the forums should be fixed as well. I'm sure it's already taken into consideration, but there's a screenshot of the problem attached to the message. I'm running Firefox 3.0.10.

"Select image file to attach" when browsing, and selecting said image the URL is white conflicting with the selected form. Once highlighting the picture URL it turns blue. I'm not sure if the Desktop Environment covers those colours, or if it's the site, or my default Firefox theme. Could be the same with "Select file attach" form, too.

All the best. B)
    Justin

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board