• Last Logged In: 03 Apr 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gbor
    Debian missing updates :(
    Lenny: Iceweasel: 3.0.6 Flash Player: 10,0,22,87 Why??? It's a big security hole :( I think I will switch to ubuntu on desktop :( :( :( omg :( :(
    Link to this post 13 Sep 09

Lenny:

Iceweasel: 3.0.6
    Flash Player: 10,0,22,87

Why???

It's a big security hole :(

I think I will switch to ubuntu on desktop :( :( :( omg :( :(

• gbor
    RE: Disable IPV6 in Debian Lenny?
    For the archive: edit: [color=#A7A7A7]/etc/modprobe.d/aliases[/color] By default you will have a line like this: [color=#A7A7A7]alias net-pf-10 ipv6[/color] Replace that line with: [color=#A7A7A7]alias net-pf-10 off[/color] [color=#A7A7A7]alias ipv6 off[/color] (The second line may/may not be required with newer (2.26.+) kernels, but it won’t hurt anything) Also, while we’re at it, on your desktop machines, help out Firefox by disabling IPv6 there too. It’s simple, in the location bar enter: [color=#A7A7A7]about:config[/color] Then search for: [color=#A7A7A7]network.dns.disableIPv6[/color] and toggle its value to ‘[color=#A7A7A7]true[/color]'
    Link to this post 22 Apr 09

For the archive:
    edit:

/etc/modprobe.d/aliases

By default you will have a line like this:

alias net-pf-10 ipv6

Replace that line with:

alias net-pf-10 off
    alias ipv6 off

(The second line may/may not be required with newer (2.26.+) kernels, but it won’t hurt anything)

Also, while we’re at it, on your desktop machines, help out Firefox by disabling IPv6 there too. It’s simple, in the location bar enter:

about:config

Then search for:

network.dns.disableIPv6

and toggle its value to ‘true'

• gbor
    RE: Disable IPV6 in Debian Lenny?
    I didn't try it, but it may help you: [url=http://www.fak3r.com/2008/12/02/howto-disable-ipv6-networking-in-debian/]link[/url]
    Link to this post 21 Apr 09

I didn't try it, but it may help you: link

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board