• Last Logged In: 13 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • northenio
    Linux Server for WinXP VPN clients with AD integ
    Hello all, Currently we have pptpd installed on a Linux server and winXP clients can connect through VPN to it from home so they can keep working. The clients get authenticated by Active Directory on a Windows server. The thing is that I know pptp is not the most secure thing out there, and even though AD authenticates users that try to connect via vpn, it allows anybody with a domain account to log in, and I have no way of setting restrictions on that. Can you guys please suggest something that will install on a Debian server and: -Allow XP clients to use their native VPN tool to connect to our network from home. -Authenticate domain users against a Domain controller. -Sets restrictions as to who can actually connect via VPN regardless of having a domain account. Thanks in advance for your help and tips on this matter. Northenio.
    Link to this post 23 Dec 09

Hello all,

Currently we have pptpd installed on a Linux server and winXP clients can connect through VPN to it from home so they can keep working. The clients get authenticated by Active Directory on a Windows server.

The thing is that I know pptp is not the most secure thing out there, and even though AD authenticates users that try to connect via vpn, it allows anybody with a domain account to log in, and I have no way of setting restrictions on that.

Can you guys please suggest something that will install on a Debian server and:
    -Allow XP clients to use their native VPN tool to connect to our network from home.
    -Authenticate domain users against a Domain controller.
    -Sets restrictions as to who can actually connect via VPN regardless of having a domain account.

Thanks in advance for your help and tips on this matter.

Northenio.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board