• Last Logged In: 15 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Marc Deop
    RE: bash script to join files
    [quote="markspend"]Hello Guys I was trying to back-up a the .vob files were all in different information with the same computer file name.I had to rename them sequentially then shift them to another directory. Is there a better way using the console?Any idea then please share!![/quote] That makes no sense to me, at all
    Link to this post 05 Mar 13

markspend said:

Hello Guys I was trying to back-up a the .vob files were all in different information with the same computer file name.I had to rename them sequentially then shift them to another directory. Is there a better way using the console?Any idea then please share!!

That makes no sense to me, at all

• Marc Deop
    RE: a bazillion pdfs...
    pdf2ps
    Link to this post 04 Mar 13

pdf2ps

• Marc Deop
    RE: installing Fedora 18 (latest release)
    http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/ch-Boot-x86.html
    Link to this post 26 Feb 13

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/ch-Boot-x86.html

• Marc Deop
    RE: Linksys drivers on Solus OS stable
    ndiswrapper
    Link to this post 26 Feb 13

ndiswrapper

• Marc Deop
    RE: Setting Linux Access ACLs
    The browser treats the "whatever:" as a protocol to follow, that's why it's showing them to you as links The funny thing is that it rejects "whatever:[b]:[/b]"...
    Link to this post 11 Feb 13

The browser treats the "whatever:" as a protocol to follow, that's why it's showing them to you as links

The funny thing is that it rejects "whatever::"...

• Marc Deop
    RE: script!!!
    [code]"unset a[/code] This is clearing the "a" variable [code]echo " $a=$(who) "[/code] This is echoing to the terminal the expansion of the "a" variable (which you just cleared a line above!) as well as a "=" sign followed by the output of the "who" command. What you are trying to do is: [code]unset a a="$(who)" echo "$a"[/code] However, why don't you just do: [code]function a { who }[/code]
    Link to this post 11 Feb 13

"unset a

This is clearing the "a" variable

echo " $a=$(who) "

This is echoing to the terminal the expansion of the "a" variable (which you just cleared a line above!) as well as a "=" sign followed by the output of the "who" command.

What you are trying to do is:

unset a
    a="$(who)"
    echo "$a"

However, why don't you just do:

function a { who }

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board