• Last Logged In: 15 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Marc Deop
    RE: bash script to join files
    [quote="markspend"]Hello Guys I was trying to back-up a the .vob files were all in different information with the same computer file name.I had to rename them sequentially then shift them to another directory. Is there a better way using the console?Any idea then please share!![/quote] That makes no sense to me, at all
    Link to this post 05 Mar 13

markspend said:

Hello Guys I was trying to back-up a the .vob files were all in different information with the same computer file name.I had to rename them sequentially then shift them to another directory. Is there a better way using the console?Any idea then please share!!

That makes no sense to me, at all

• Marc Deop
    RE: a bazillion pdfs...
    pdf2ps
    Link to this post 04 Mar 13

pdf2ps

• Marc Deop
    RE: installing Fedora 18 (latest release)
    http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/ch-Boot-x86.html
    Link to this post 26 Feb 13

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/ch-Boot-x86.html

• Marc Deop
    RE: Linksys drivers on Solus OS stable
    ndiswrapper
    Link to this post 26 Feb 13

ndiswrapper

• Marc Deop
    RE: Setting Linux Access ACLs
    The browser treats the "whatever:" as a protocol to follow, that's why it's showing them to you as links The funny thing is that it rejects "whatever:[b]:[/b]"...
    Link to this post 11 Feb 13

The browser treats the "whatever:" as a protocol to follow, that's why it's showing them to you as links

The funny thing is that it rejects "whatever::"...

• Marc Deop
    RE: script!!!
    [code]"unset a[/code] This is clearing the "a" variable [code]echo " $a=$(who) "[/code] This is echoing to the terminal the expansion of the "a" variable (which you just cleared a line above!) as well as a "=" sign followed by the output of the "who" command. What you are trying to do is: [code]unset a a="$(who)" echo "$a"[/code] However, why don't you just do: [code]function a { who }[/code]
    Link to this post 11 Feb 13

"unset a

This is clearing the "a" variable

echo " $a=$(who) "

This is echoing to the terminal the expansion of the "a" variable (which you just cleared a line above!) as well as a "=" sign followed by the output of the "who" command.

What you are trying to do is:

unset a
    a="$(who)"
    echo "$a"

However, why don't you just do:

function a { who }

• Marc Deop
    RE: Upgrading Limpus Linux Lite v1.0.3.E
    Well, I have no idea how Limpus Linux works (in fact, I hadn't heard of it until you talked about it). Anyway, I can assure you Fedora, Opensuse or Ubuntu are pretty straightforward: click,click,click and you are done with everything :)
    Link to this post 13 Jun 12

Well, I have no idea how Limpus Linux works (in fact, I hadn't heard of it until you talked about it).

Anyway, I can assure you Fedora, Opensuse or Ubuntu are pretty straightforward: click,click,click and you are done with everything :)

• Marc Deop
    RE: Upgrading Limpus Linux Lite v1.0.3.E
    Why don't you just install a different linux like Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse...
    Link to this post 12 Jun 12

Why don't you just install a different linux like Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse...

• Marc Deop
    RE: MS Outlook Replacement
    Well, that's the "beauty" of the closed source software if they use "tied up" approach. Eventually people will realize that's not acceptable... I'm losing myself here, you get my point though ;)

Well, that's the "beauty" of the closed source software if they use "tied up" approach. Eventually people will realize that's not acceptable... I'm losing myself here, you get my point though ;)

• Marc Deop
    RE: MS Outlook Replacement
    Evolution or thunderbird might work for you

Evolution or thunderbird might work for you

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board