Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: [Lubuntu] Monting automatically an network shared folder with fstab
    Were you able to solve your issue?
    Link to this post 10 Jan

Were you able to solve your issue?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: [Lubuntu] Monting automatically an network shared folder with fstab
    I was looking for documentation that explained the process of permanently mounting a shared folder from a samba server on a ubuntu desktop client. This documentation was found on help.ubuntu.com. It has a section that talks about modifying the /etc/nsswitch.conf if there are errors during the mount. [url=https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountWindowsSharesPermanently]Mounting a windows share permanently[/url] Hope this helps.
    Link to this post 09 Jan

I was looking for documentation that explained the process of permanently mounting a shared folder from a samba server on a ubuntu desktop client. This documentation was found on help.ubuntu.com. It has a section that talks about modifying the /etc/nsswitch.conf if there are errors during the mount.

Mounting a windows share permanently

Hope this helps.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Chromeee
    Sorry I wasn't able to help you resolve your issue. Lets hope someone who has more experience installing and trouble shooting Linux on a chromebook will direct you in the right direction.
    Link to this post 07 Jan

Sorry I wasn't able to help you resolve your issue. Lets hope someone who has more experience installing and trouble shooting Linux on a chromebook will direct you in the right direction.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    [quote="zachandcheez"] The screen telling me OS verification is off so basically the developer mode screen. After that I click ctrl+D and it takes me into Chrome OS and I login and everything but then when I do the ctrl+-> or ctrl+alt+-> (whichever one it is I forget at the moment) and it just brings me into the terminal. I also do control and the refresh button and it still doesn't boot Ubuntu. Thanks for your help :)[/quote] Switching to developer mode will be different for different models of chromebook. Switching between ChromeOS and Linux sounds universal. When your system is in developer mode, the key combination ctrl+d takes you to ChromeOS from the boot warning screen. To access your ubuntu install, you have to execute it within the terminal. Depending on the variant of ubuntu you have installed, the commands should look like this: [code]sudo startxfce4 "for xubuntu"[/code] [code]sudo startkde "for kubuntu"[/code] [code]sudo startunity "for ubuntu with unity"[/code] [url=http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/795730-how-to-easily-install-ubuntu-on-chromebook-with-crouton]Installing ubuntu on a chromebook[/url] It appears you are using the key combinations to switch between a running ubuntu instance and chromeOS. However, your installed linux OS is not running. Try booting your installed linux OS from the terminal using the above commands.
    Link to this post 06 Jan

zachandcheez said:

The screen telling me OS verification is off so basically the developer mode screen. After that I click ctrl+D and it takes me into Chrome OS and I login and everything but then when I do the ctrl+-> or ctrl+alt+-> (whichever one it is I forget at the moment) and it just brings me into the terminal. I also do control and the refresh button and it still doesn't boot Ubuntu. Thanks for your help :)

Switching to developer mode will be different for different models of chromebook.
    Switching between ChromeOS and Linux sounds universal.

When your system is in developer mode, the key combination ctrl+d takes you to ChromeOS from the boot warning screen. To access your ubuntu install, you have to execute it within the terminal. Depending on the variant of ubuntu you have installed, the commands should look like this:

sudo startxfce4 "for xubuntu"

sudo startkde "for kubuntu"

sudo startunity "for ubuntu with unity"

Installing ubuntu on a chromebook

It appears you are using the key combinations to switch between a running ubuntu instance and chromeOS. However, your installed linux OS is not running.

Try booting your installed linux OS from the terminal using the above commands.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    "I have attempted doing it so many times and gotten it to work twice" Can you clarify this statement you made? It sounds like you were in a learning stage. Just when you figured things out, you were able to access your ubuntu install twice. Is this correct?
    Link to this post 06 Jan

"I have attempted doing it so many times and gotten it to work twice"

Can you clarify this statement you made? It sounds like you were in a learning stage. Just when you figured things out, you were able to access your ubuntu install twice. Is this correct?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: [SOLVED] Mouse problems
    That is great that you were able to resolve your mouse problem.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

That is great that you were able to resolve your mouse problem.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board