• Last Logged In: 08 Feb

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Please recommend a fast linux distribution
    Well I hope things work out for you. But yes, faster hard drive and use the EXT2 filesystem.
    Link to this post 08 Nov 11

Well I hope things work out for you. But yes, faster hard drive and use the EXT2 filesystem.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Collectively buy games to open source?
    Yeah, if opensource can make games similar to the popular ones, that would be big. It may be tough to get game developers to opensource their games but there is no law for making replicants. At I think.
    Link to this post 08 Nov 11

Yeah, if opensource can make games similar to the popular ones, that would be big. It may be tough to get game developers to opensource their games but there is no law for making replicants. At I think.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: ...help please...
    What type of video controller do you have? Your system my not be able to load the GUI because it is to strong. Run #sudo lspci -v and #sudo lshw, and give us your video controller specs.
    Link to this post 07 Nov 11

What type of video controller do you have? Your system my not be able to load the GUI because it is to strong. Run #sudo lspci -v and #sudo lshw, and give us your video controller specs.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Suggested OS for Compaq Armada 1592 DMT, heavily trimmed down
    Another thing, if you are to use a gui, use openbox or fluxbox. Openbox is compatible with GTK+ with is what gnome is built on. So can run most apps designed for GnomeX.
    Link to this post 06 Nov 11

Another thing, if you are to use a gui, use openbox or fluxbox. Openbox is compatible with GTK+ with is what gnome is built on. So can run most apps designed for GnomeX.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Suggested OS for Compaq Armada 1592 DMT, heavily trimmed down
    You don't have a lot of options with a system with 32mb of ram. I recommend using one of the light distros like puppy linux, archbang, debian, and antiX. Your best option is to install a distro without GUI. Look at www.distrowatch.com to get more information.

You don't have a lot of options with a system with 32mb of ram. I recommend using one of the light distros like puppy linux, archbang, debian, and antiX. Your best option is to install a distro without GUI.

Look at www.distrowatch.com to get more information.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: New and confused?
    Take what arochester suggested. The only way to know what you like or what is proper is to test out several linux distros. Stick with the ones are designed for new users, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Mandriva. Using the liveCDs, figure out how to do things and what's easiest for you. Want to know the difference between linux and unix, [url=http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/articles/Technical/UNIX_Vs_Linux]Linux vs Unix[/url]

Take what arochester suggested. The only way to know what you like or what is proper is to test out several linux distros. Stick with the ones are designed for new users, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Mandriva. Using the liveCDs, figure out how to do things and what's easiest for you.

Want to know the difference between linux and unix,

Linux vs Unix

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board