• Last Logged In: 2 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: VICIDIAL INSTALLATION
    Agreed. Also, network with those who are currently using it.
    Link to this post 11 Dec 11

Agreed. Also, network with those who are currently using it.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Original file of "set history" command? [SOLVED]
    @linuxque Where did you set the history count value? Not sure how far back you can go in the .bash_history file to find all your executed commands. The recent ones are always displayed.

@linuxque

Where did you set the history count value?

Not sure how far back you can go in the .bash_history file to find all your executed commands. The recent ones are always displayed.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Wubi and full installation
    Wubi is like an application installer similar to windows program installer. Wubi installs ubuntu on windows the same way windows installs firefox or office. It creates virtual disk that is separate your physical hard drive, so your main system is not compromised. I haven't used wubi to run ubuntu, I usually dualboot it with windows. Because wubi runs ubuntu like a virtual machine, it may run slower than a physical install. For more info on wubi: [url=https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide]wubi installer[/url]

Wubi is like an application installer similar to windows program installer. Wubi installs ubuntu on windows the same way windows installs firefox or office. It creates virtual disk that is separate your physical hard drive, so your main system is not compromised.

I haven't used wubi to run ubuntu, I usually dualboot it with windows. Because wubi runs ubuntu like a virtual machine, it may run slower than a physical install.

For more info on wubi:

wubi installer

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Show Us Your Linux Desktop
    I think I saw that one already @goingeasy
    Link to this post 06 Dec 11

I think I saw that one already @goingeasy

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Jolicloud and bittorrent
    Happy you solved your issue.
    Link to this post 06 Dec 11

Happy you solved your issue.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Show Us Your Linux Desktop
    Here is mine from Kubuntu. [url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/]Kubuntu Desktop[/url]
    Link to this post 23 Nov 11

Here is mine from Kubuntu.

Kubuntu Desktop

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board