• Last Logged In: 19 Jul 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • drummerwannabee
    RE: Show Us Your Linux Desktop
    My Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop [img size=400]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Screenshot.jpg[/img] If it doesn't show up, go here: http://www.szensupport.com:8081/szensupport/timsstuff/screenshot.png
    Link to this post 06 Jul 10

My Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop

If it doesn't show up, go here:
    http://www.szensupport.com:8081/szensupport/timsstuff/screenshot.png

• drummerwannabee
    RE: Programming
    I really like Notepad++. It's not really an IDE (It has no compiler) but it'll help you format your code to make it easy to read for many different languages, and I think you can even turn on code completion as well. You'd probably be better off with one of the IDE's mentioned above to write the bulk of your code, but Notepad++ is great for quick edits and such.

I really like Notepad++. It's not really an IDE (It has no compiler) but it'll help you format your code to make it easy to read for many different languages, and I think you can even turn on code completion as well.

You'd probably be better off with one of the IDE's mentioned above to write the bulk of your code, but Notepad++ is great for quick edits and such.

• drummerwannabee
    RE: Content Filtering on Ubuntu
    I appreciate all the responses so far! I think I have a good place to start. Thanks!

I appreciate all the responses so far! I think I have a good place to start.

Thanks!

• drummerwannabee
    Content Filtering on Ubuntu
    I have a laptop that I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on. My wife and I would like to setup some kind of content filtering software on it so that we can keep track of, and limit the kinds of websites our children can visit, etc. Currently I also have a Windows 7 pc running a program called Safe Eyes, which I have found to be wonderful software. Unfortunately, Safe Eyes is not available for Ubuntu. We both really like Ubuntu, but from what I have been able to discover, there isn't any real content filtering software out there for it. Does anyone know of something that will solve this problem. I am fairly new to Linux, but I have a knack for computers, so even if the software is a little bit difficult to configure, I'm game especially if it has decent documentation. Thanks!
    Link to this post 04 May 10

I have a laptop that I am running Ubuntu 10.04 on. My wife and I would like to setup some kind of content filtering software on it so that we can keep track of, and limit the kinds of websites our children can visit, etc. Currently I also have a Windows 7 pc running a program called Safe Eyes, which I have found to be wonderful software. Unfortunately, Safe Eyes is not available for Ubuntu.

We both really like Ubuntu, but from what I have been able to discover, there isn't any real content filtering software out there for it. Does anyone know of something that will solve this problem. I am fairly new to Linux, but I have a knack for computers, so even if the software is a little bit difficult to configure, I'm game especially if it has decent documentation.

Thanks!

• drummerwannabee
    RE: Why do you love Debian?
    Haven't used it a whole lot yet, as I am new to Debian, and Linux in general, but I like how everything appears to be right there at my finger tips if I want to manipulate things. It seemed like in Ubuntu and Fedora, I had to go through just one or two more steps to manipulate things the way I wanted them to be. Call me a control freak i guess :P I like to be able to have complete control over my system... Maybe that's because I have almost no control over my life ;)
    Link to this post 06 Jan 10

Haven't used it a whole lot yet, as I am new to Debian, and Linux in general, but I like how everything appears to be right there at my finger tips if I want to manipulate things. It seemed like in Ubuntu and Fedora, I had to go through just one or two more steps to manipulate things the way I wanted them to be.

Call me a control freak i guess :P I like to be able to have complete control over my system...

Maybe that's because I have almost no control over my life ;)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board