• Last Logged In: 11 May 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • jmcnulty
    RE: Want to send an email when a port is used
    That gives me enough to start looking again - many thanks for your help! Joe
    Link to this post 19 Mar 10

That gives me enough to start looking again - many thanks for your help!

Joe

• jmcnulty
    RE: NETWORK IS RUNNING EVEN IF NETWORK SERVICES IS OFF
    Not a tech answer I know, but if you need your machine to not be on the network and it's a semi-permanent arrangement, just disconnect the network cable? Sorry if there are reasons this isn't an option!
    Link to this post 19 Mar 10

Not a tech answer I know, but if you need your machine to not be on the network and it's a semi-permanent arrangement, just disconnect the network cable? Sorry if there are reasons this isn't an option!

• jmcnulty
    Want to send an email when a port is used
    Hi everyone, Unusual request that Google hasn't been able to help with. I have VMWare running on my Debian box that has XP-Pro as a guest OS. The guest OS will only be connected to through normal Windows remote desktop. I want to fire myself an email when the RDC client connects (and ideally disconnects), so I was hoping to setup a monitor in Debian that can fire me a mail through mutt or something that mails me when the 3389 port is accessed. Is this possible or am I looking at it the wrong way? TIA Joe
    Link to this post 18 Mar 10

Hi everyone,

Unusual request that Google hasn't been able to help with.

I have VMWare running on my Debian box that has XP-Pro as a guest OS. The guest OS will only be connected to through normal Windows remote desktop.

I want to fire myself an email when the RDC client connects (and ideally disconnects), so I was hoping to setup a monitor in Debian that can fire me a mail through mutt or something that mails me when the 3389 port is accessed.

Is this possible or am I looking at it the wrong way?

TIA

Joe

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board