• Last Logged In: 07 Aug 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • tuxmania
    RE: Linux Market Share Passes 1%!!
    One percent of the Desktops on the internet is not a shabby number at all. I think its higher but lets say its 1%. Even Microsofts own figures are much higher and i suspect they have a very high interest in getting the right figures. How many computers are there really out there? There are about 200,000,000 Linux webservers out there, how many desktops can there be? The real numbers are very hard to get if not entierly impossible. Still one percent is no doubt a very high figure if you count it as potential customers/users. The step over the threshold for the snowball effect that usually kicks in is not that far away.
    Link to this post 06 May 09

One percent of the Desktops on the internet is not a shabby number at all. I think its higher but lets say its 1%. Even Microsofts own figures are much higher and i suspect they have a very high interest in getting the right figures.

How many computers are there really out there? There are about 200,000,000 Linux webservers out there, how many desktops can there be?

The real numbers are very hard to get if not entierly impossible. Still one percent is no doubt a very high figure if you count it as potential customers/users. The step over the threshold for the snowball effect that usually kicks in is not that far away.

• tuxmania
    RE: Urban Terror players?
    #UbU# ::Dumbers:: have some pretty funny maps, i especially like Superman for serious sniping. I dont really know the people who did the maps but i sure like them.
    Link to this post 28 Apr 09

#UbU# ::Dumbers:: have some pretty funny maps, i especially like Superman for serious sniping. I dont really know the people who did the maps but i sure like them.

• tuxmania
    RE: Ubuntu 9.04 Released today
    I have only updated my netbook to jaunty. The desktop at work runs debian and at home i just havent had the time. On the netbook it was an improvement except for the video drivers.

I have only updated my netbook to jaunty. The desktop at work runs debian and at home i just havent had the time. On the netbook it was an improvement except for the video drivers.

• tuxmania
    RE: Urban Terror players?
    I havent even noticed that as i have been busy translating eBox. Usually i play for atleast 2 hours a day =)

I havent even noticed that as i have been busy translating eBox. Usually i play for atleast 2 hours a day =)

• tuxmania
    RE: Good watchdog for services?
    For keeping tabs on all the various servers i manage i use Zenoss. Its a pretty slick tool for a busy admin.

For keeping tabs on all the various servers i manage i use Zenoss. Its a pretty slick tool for a busy admin.

• tuxmania
    RE: Good OCR software.
    Thanks, will take a gander at it.

Thanks, will take a gander at it.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board