• Last Logged In: 18 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • LinuxFanster101
    RE: Wine Doesn't Open With GUI
    [b]mfillpot wrote:[/b] [quote]Open up a terminal and type winecfg. That will bring up the configuration GUI. Winehq also has a good manual that will give you information about the settings http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/config-wine-main#USING-WINECFG.[/quote] THANK YOU!!! IT'S FIXED!!! :laugh:
    Link to this post 17 Feb 10

mfillpot wrote:

Open up a terminal and type winecfg. That will bring up the configuration GUI.

Winehq also has a good manual that will give you information about the settings http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/config-wine-main#USING-WINECFG.

THANK YOU!!! IT'S FIXED!!! :laugh:

• LinuxFanster101
    [b]mfillpot wrote:[/b] [quote]The extent of my wine use with a GUI is when I ran winecfg, have you run that command yet? My understanding from my limit use of it is that the configuration portion uses a GUI, but the applications themselves create their own windows so it should require no additional user interface from wine.[/quote] No, I haven't used Wineconfig yet. How do I run it?

mfillpot wrote:

The extent of my wine use with a GUI is when I ran winecfg, have you run that command yet?

My understanding from my limit use of it is that the configuration portion uses a GUI, but the applications themselves create their own windows so it should require no additional user interface from wine.

No, I haven't used Wineconfig yet. How do I run it?

• LinuxFanster101
    Does that mean I can't use Wine with GUI interface? I mean, my brother has Fedora Core 11 64bit and runs Wine perfectly. I wish I could ask but we don't get along very well.

Does that mean I can't use Wine with GUI interface? I mean, my brother has Fedora Core 11 64bit and runs Wine perfectly. I wish I could ask but we don't get along very well.

• LinuxFanster101
    I am using Fedora Core 11 64bit. The command that I got to use is wine (path to exe) Then it installs but I always have to use Terminal to use Wine. Do I have to do anything in the wineconfig?

I am using Fedora Core 11 64bit. The command that I got to use is

wine (path to exe)

Then it installs but I always have to use Terminal to use Wine. Do I have to do anything in the wineconfig?

• LinuxFanster101
    Wine Doesn't Open With GUI
    Hello everyone, I have this problem that has been bugging me all day. I am using Wine and it wont start up. You see the progress of the cursor loading Wine, but after a couple of minutes everything goes back to normal and nothing happens. I tried reinstalling it but no luck. The only time when it opens is when I use Terminal. Is there something wrong? [b]My computer specs...[/b] [u]Gateway SX2800-01R[/u] | [u]Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200[/u] | [u]4 GB DDR3 (RAM)[/u] | [u]640 GB (MEMORY)[/u] | [u]Intel GMA X4500 Integrated[/u]
    Link to this post 16 Feb 10

Hello everyone, I have this problem that has been bugging me all day. I am using Wine and it wont start up. You see the progress of the cursor loading Wine, but after a couple of minutes everything goes back to normal and nothing happens. I tried reinstalling it but no luck. The only time when it opens is when I use Terminal. Is there something wrong?

My computer specs... Gateway SX2800-01R | Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200 | 4 GB DDR3 (RAM) | 640 GB (MEMORY) | Intel GMA X4500 Integrated

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board