• Last Logged In: 20 May 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • j_e_g
    ALSA programming
    I've started working on an ALSA programming tutorial at: http://home.roadrunner.com/~jgglatt/tech/linuxapi.htm
    Link to this post 14 May 09

I've started working on an ALSA programming tutorial at:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jgglatt/tech/linuxapi.htm

• j_e_g
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    My comment isn't about the forums itself, but rather, the registration process you need to endure in order to post to the forums. It would greatly reduce the frustration if a registrant could check whether his chosen username was "already in use" _before_ he filled out two pages of information. It's tiresome having to continually fill out that info just to be told to start all over again because somebody already chose that username. Obviously, as more people register, this situation is going to become more and more prevalent. I just filled out the bare minimum of info once I realized that I was going to have to repeat the process several times.
    Link to this post 14 May 09

My comment isn't about the forums itself, but rather, the registration process you need to endure in order to post to the forums. It would greatly reduce the frustration if a registrant could check whether his chosen username was "already in use" _before_ he filled out two pages of information. It's tiresome having to continually fill out that info just to be told to start all over again because somebody already chose that username. Obviously, as more people register, this situation is going to become more and more prevalent. I just filled out the bare minimum of info once I realized that I was going to have to repeat the process several times.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board