• Last Logged In: 10 Aug 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • roobal
    RE: "No network protocols running"
    It seems like LCP has negotiated connection, but NCP protocol cannot configure network protocol like IP or IPX, so LCP protocol terminate connection. Check your PPP protocol configuration, make sure that user login and password are correct. Contact also with your ISP, maybe his router has invalid configuration.
    Link to this post 04 Aug 13

It seems like LCP has negotiated connection, but NCP protocol cannot configure network protocol like IP or IPX, so LCP protocol terminate connection. Check your PPP protocol configuration, make sure that user login and password are correct. Contact also with your ISP, maybe his router has invalid configuration.

• roobal
    RE: USB wi-fi adapter?
    If you have some usb adapter or adapters, write on which chipset it works. If you will buy some usb adapter, look for working on Atheros chipsets, there is most probability that it will work out of the box. Make sure also that you have installed usb_modeswitch packet.

If you have some usb adapter or adapters, write on which chipset it works. If you will buy some usb adapter, look for working on Atheros chipsets, there is most probability that it will work out of the box.

Make sure also that you have installed usb_modeswitch packet.

• roobal
    RE: Alternatives to Ashampoo FireWall FREE in linux
    Why don't you use IPTables? If you don't want to learn IPTables syntax, you can use Ufw (command line) or Gufw (GUI for Ufw). There is also available Firewall Builder.

Why don't you use IPTables? If you don't want to learn IPTables syntax, you can use Ufw (command line) or Gufw (GUI for Ufw). There is also available Firewall Builder.

• roobal
    RE: Updating Ubuntu grub
    [quote="begueradj"]but my question is: why when I upgrade the grub then those changes disappear and everything go back to the default settings that file ?[/quote] Because update-grub command create configuration file with settings defined in appropriate files. Any configuration changes you should make in mentioned files like /etc/default/grub, beacause any kernel update will run update-grub command and overwrite changes you made in grub.cfg.
    Link to this post 28 Jan 13

begueradj said:

but my question is: why when I upgrade the grub then those changes disappear and everything go back to the default settings that file ?

Because update-grub command create configuration file with settings defined in appropriate files. Any configuration changes you should make in mentioned files like /etc/default/grub, beacause any kernel update will run update-grub command and overwrite changes you made in grub.cfg.

• roobal
    RE: Need Help With Dual Boot Install.
    If you want to install Linux only as a server to provide apache, php etc. I suggest you to install Linux, preferably without any graphical environment, on virtaul machine, for example VirtualBox and run it with headless option. Guest OS will run in background and you can connect to it via ssh to manage and you can use also web server.
    Link to this post 28 Jan 13

If you want to install Linux only as a server to provide apache, php etc. I suggest you to install Linux, preferably without any graphical environment, on virtaul machine, for example VirtualBox and run it with headless option. Guest OS will run in background and you can connect to it via ssh to manage and you can use also web server.

• roobal
    RE: What is equivalent Windows program Cool Edit & Cool Edit Pro under Linux any distributions?
    Cool Edit doesn't correctly work on Wine. You can try mentioned Audacious or Ardour.
    Link to this post 22 Jul 12

Cool Edit doesn't correctly work on Wine. You can try mentioned Audacious or Ardour.

• roobal
    RE: linux crash
    I had also problems with Linux Mint 12, I thunk this system is a little bit unstable. What desktop environment did you installed? Maybe try another distribution, for example the newest release of Ubuntu.
    Link to this post 02 May 12

I had also problems with Linux Mint 12, I thunk this system is a little bit unstable. What desktop environment did you installed? Maybe try another distribution, for example the newest release of Ubuntu.

• roobal
    RE: New to Linux. Which one?
    I recommend also to try Sabayon Linux, it has also codecs and other things by defualt, the same like Mint ;)
    Link to this post 20 Jan 11

I recommend also to try Sabayon Linux, it has also codecs and other things by defualt, the same like Mint ;)

• roobal
    RE: Update manager Problem
    Try [code]sudo apt-get upgrade[/code] and if it won't work, try [code]sudo apt-get install -f[/code] Let us see also [code]ls /var/cache/apt/archives[/code]
    Link to this post 20 Jan 11

Try

sudo apt-get upgrade

and if it won't work, try

sudo apt-get install -f

Let us see also

ls /var/cache/apt/archives

• roobal
    RE: How do I make terminal thumbnails on desktop?
    [b]Hogwarts_Champion wrote:[/b] [quote]I figured it out, I guess its part of the Gnome GUI. When I move my cursor to the upper right corner it turns all the windows I have open into Thumbnails. Very cool. Thanks for the help one the less.[/quote] So, you use Compiz and that is a Scale plugin ;)
    Link to this post 17 Jan 11

Hogwarts_Champion wrote:

I figured it out, I guess its part of the Gnome GUI. When I move my cursor to the upper right corner it turns all the windows I have open into Thumbnails. Very cool. Thanks for the help one the less.

So, you use Compiz and that is a Scale plugin ;)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board