• Last Logged In: 01 Jun 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • aLinuxTV
    RE: Petition to get Netflix on Linux
    That and expand it to other countries like CANADA. I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from Netflix - so I went to sign-up - US residents only. :unsure: I signed it.
    Link to this post 05 Mar 10

That and expand it to other countries like CANADA. I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from Netflix - so I went to sign-up
    - US residents only. :unsure: I signed it.

• aLinuxTV
    RE: wireless driver
    If you haven't sorted it out ...maybe try PCLinuxOS - it comes with a few BCM drivers by default ...

If you haven't sorted it out ...maybe try PCLinuxOS - it comes with a few BCM drivers by default ...

• aLinuxTV
    RE: Viewsonic vx2240 22" + EVGA 8800GTS = WIN
    Excellent screens - I have one also :) but ya can't beat those mountain dew hardware devices .................. lol

Excellent screens - I have one also :) but ya can't beat those mountain dew hardware devices .................. lol

• aLinuxTV
    RE: KDE vs. Gnome
    The QT toolkit is more advanced and feature rich. Has (commercial support). KDE utilises this toolkit. The GTK tookit (non-commercial) is not far behind QT - still lacking a few functions here and there. Gnome uses this. So, KDE is a little more functional all-around - but not everyone needs that. Gnome is perfectly suitable for most die-hard Unix users --- where-as KDE fits the rest of us out here a little better. Good luck :)

The QT toolkit is more advanced and feature rich. Has (commercial support). KDE utilises this toolkit.
    The GTK tookit (non-commercial) is not far behind QT - still lacking a few functions here and there. Gnome uses this.

So, KDE is a little more functional all-around - but not everyone needs that. Gnome is perfectly suitable for most die-hard Unix users --- where-as KDE fits the rest of us out here a little better.

Good luck :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board