• Skripka
    RE: Games You Play under wine ! ! !
    I'm Old School. ChiPs Challenge, FTW.
    Link to this post 16 May 09

I'm Old School.

ChiPs Challenge, FTW.

• Skripka
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    [b]temmu wrote:[/b] [quote]newspaper. skinny columns. makes it easy to read lots o' text. if i 'm posting looong questions / answers i break it up into short, easy to read phrases even if the sentence is long. so, me, i have no problem with the posting area size. ooo ooo what's that directly above me? could it be? it is! hello, eric! :lol:[/quote] Yea well...some of us are on 22" LCD panels or bigger and are annoyed by the fact that garbage gets more space than content.
    Link to this post 14 May 09

temmu wrote:

newspaper.

skinny columns.
    makes it easy to read lots o' text.

if i 'm posting looong questions / answers
    i break it up into short, easy to read phrases
    even if the sentence is long.

so, me, i have no problem with the posting area size.

ooo ooo what's that directly above me? could it be?
    it is!
    hello, eric! :lol:

Yea well...some of us are on 22" LCD panels or bigger and are annoyed by the fact that garbage gets more space than content.

• Skripka
    RE: The new Linux.com
    [b]mthomas wrote:[/b] [quote]Complete with Flash ads. [i]Great[/i] ....[/quote] That is easy to fix-get AdBlock or Privoxy or a similar tool. This forum suffers from design flaws on virtually every level. More space is dedictaed to buttons and superfluous crap than content...that on top of the whole user info on the right insanity.

mthomas wrote:

Complete with Flash ads. [i]Great[/i] ....

That is easy to fix-get AdBlock or Privoxy or a similar tool.

This forum suffers from design flaws on virtually every level. More space is dedictaed to buttons and superfluous crap than content...that on top of the whole user info on the right insanity.

• Skripka
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    Yea...I don't like reading right to left....and the clutter is some of the worst forum clutter by design I have seen. It is really quite painful to try and use. There is LOTS of room for stuff-but only 5-10 replies per page? RLY? I know we use Linux, and we are used to doing things different way...but this is a ridiculous mess of a forum if I've ever seen one. Not one standard layout anywhere on it. I mean, per page, there is less content here than there is in 24 hours of CNN news coverage-that is how bad the clutter is.

Yea...I don't like reading right to left....and the clutter is some of the worst forum clutter by design I have seen. It is really quite painful to try and use.

There is LOTS of room for stuff-but only 5-10 replies per page? RLY?

I know we use Linux, and we are used to doing things different way...but this is a ridiculous mess of a forum if I've ever seen one. Not one standard layout anywhere on it. I mean, per page, there is less content here than there is in 24 hours of CNN news coverage-that is how bad the clutter is.

• Skripka
    RE: Codeweavers and STEAM: Anyone using it?
    Try it (Wine) before you write it off. Back when I used Hardy and Ibex, Steam and client-games ran fine------provided you have an Nvidia card. If you have an ATi card, good luck-the best I ever got was running Steam games in DirectX7 mode with fglrx drivers of the time. Steam usually takes some tinkering to get it to work....I remember when HL2 came out and how hard it was to get HL2 to run under Windows with an ATi card-it took a great deal of troubleshooting and experimenting.

Try it (Wine) before you write it off.

Back when I used Hardy and Ibex, Steam and client-games ran fine------provided you have an Nvidia card. If you have an ATi card, good luck-the best I ever got was running Steam games in DirectX7 mode with fglrx drivers of the time.

Steam usually takes some tinkering to get it to work....I remember when HL2 came out and how hard it was to get HL2 to run under Windows with an ATi card-it took a great deal of troubleshooting and experimenting.

• Skripka
    RE: Linux Market Share Passes 1%!!
    In all honesty there's little reason at all to care about market share. There are only 2: 1) You're a tech writer and need something to fill column inches about 2) Higher market share *might*, emphasis might, lead to better 3rd party device driver support.

In all honesty there's little reason at all to care about market share. There are only 2:

1) You're a tech writer and need something to fill column inches about

2) Higher market share *might*, emphasis might, lead to better 3rd party device driver support.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board