• Last Logged In: 11 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • rsteffens
    RE: Accessing Apache Virtual Host Behind Router
    Thanks so much! I modified the /etc/hosts file and all works perfectly! God Bless, Randy
    Link to this post 17 Mar 10

Thanks so much! I modified the /etc/hosts file and all works perfectly!

God Bless,
    Randy

• rsteffens
    Accessing Apache Virtual Host Behind Router
    I am serving 3 web sites via my own in-home ubuntu server. I've got a static public facing IP, and am serving the sites via virtual hosting. When accessing the virtual host sites outside my LAN, everything works perfectly. When accessing the domain names of the sites within the LAN, I get my router's configuration page. I can get around this by using the local ip address of the server inside my LAN, (rather then the domain names of the sites, or the public facing IP), but then I only get the default virtual host, and can't access either of my other two sites. How can I access all my virtual host sites within my LAN? Thanks! Randy
    Link to this post 16 Mar 10

I am serving 3 web sites via my own in-home ubuntu server. I've got a static public facing IP, and am serving the sites via virtual hosting. When accessing the virtual host sites outside my LAN, everything works perfectly. When accessing the domain names of the sites within the LAN, I get my router's configuration page. I can get around this by using the local ip address of the server inside my LAN, (rather then the domain names of the sites, or the public facing IP), but then I only get the default virtual host, and can't access either of my other two sites. How can I access all my virtual host sites within my LAN?

Thanks!
    Randy

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board