• Last Logged In: 2 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mfillpot
    RE: Cant finish installation.
    We also need to know if you are just trying to run it from a live medium or install to the hard drive. What Linux distro version are you using? What medium are you using for oversleeping USB, CD, DVD or network installation?
    Link to this post 2 days ago

We also need to know if you are just trying to run it from a live medium or install to the hard drive. What Linux distro version are you using? What medium are you using for oversleeping USB, CD, DVD or network installation?

• mfillpot
    RE: Greetings!
    FYI.. If you wish to promote a lug then the best places to start would be social media and sending information to the computer sciences departments at local colleges.
    Link to this post 2 days ago

FYI..

If you wish to promote a lug then the best places to start would be social media and sending information to the computer sciences departments at local colleges.

• mfillpot
    RE: Where to install a missing firmware during the installation ?
    the usb drive can be mounted onto any empty directory, the location has nothing to do with what is to be used. Once the volume is mapped and mounted you can follow the manufacturers instructions to complete the installation.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

the usb drive can be mounted onto any empty directory, the location has nothing to do with what is to be used.

Once the volume is mapped and mounted you can follow the manufacturers instructions to complete the installation.

• mfillpot
    RE: [Lubuntu] Monting automatically an network shared folder with fstab
    It sounds like the windows clent computer do not have the shares mapped as persistant. When mapping the external shares be sure to use the options to map persistance and use other credentials, when those are used windows will store the credentials for the users and auto-map the shares.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

It sounds like the windows clent computer do not have the shares mapped as persistant. When mapping the external shares be sure to use the options to map persistance and use other credentials, when those are used windows will store the credentials for the users and auto-map the shares.

• mfillpot
    RE: Start Service
    you can use the following command. [code]systemctl start dbus-org.freedesktop.timedate1.service [/code] I do not use a dbus platforms, so I cannot help much more beyond pointing you to the post I found on the siduction forum [url=http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=4259.0]here[/url]. I know that the siduction group is very knowledgable and you will find very good information that pertains to multiple Linux based systems on their site.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

you can use the following command.

systemctl start dbus-org.freedesktop.timedate1.service 

I do not use a dbus platforms, so I cannot help much more beyond pointing you to the post I found on the siduction forum here. I know that the siduction group is very knowledgable and you will find very good information that pertains to multiple Linux based systems on their site.

• mfillpot
    RE: Wi-Fi credentials security
    Many embedded plaforms have no root password by default, which is to allow the administrator to easily enter the system on the first boot and change the password to a new password of their choosing. Failure to change the password can and most likely will result in many security issues including extracting the passwd file, installing malicious software, modifying configurations, etc... In my opinion, anyone who does not change the default or null passwords immediately is not a good administrator and probably should not have access to those resources in the first place.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

Many embedded plaforms have no root password by default, which is to allow the administrator to easily enter the system on the first boot and change the password to a new password of their choosing. Failure to change the password can and most likely will result in many security issues including extracting the passwd file, installing malicious software, modifying configurations, etc...

In my opinion, anyone who does not change the default or null passwords immediately is not a good administrator and probably should not have access to those resources in the first place.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board