• Last Logged In: 22 Oct

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mfillpot
    RE: Can't find a distro to work
    Due to licensing issues with broadcom the drivers cannot be included in any live or installation cd, once you get a distro installed you can check their package management system for broadcom and in most cases the drivers are then available to be installed.
    Link to this post 01 Nov 13

Due to licensing issues with broadcom the drivers cannot be included in any live or installation cd, once you get a distro installed you can check their package management system for broadcom and in most cases the drivers are then available to be installed.

• mfillpot
    RE: We are students of the University General Gerardo Barrios in the country of El Salvador, we implemen
    There are plenty of groups that are working on building educational applications and suites, some good places to start the search at at https://wiki.gnome.org/EducationSuite and http://edu.kde.org/

There are plenty of groups that are working on building educational applications and suites, some good places to start the search at at https://wiki.gnome.org/EducationSuite and http://edu.kde.org/

• mfillpot
    RE: using find command for multiple files and then manipulating the results
    I am glad that it worked, are there any portions of the command that you do not understand?

I am glad that it worked, are there any portions of the command that you do not understand?

• mfillpot
    RE: Redirect Traffic
    Have you tried using routing redirects in the routing table for addresses or address ranges in your router to accomplish the task?

Have you tried using routing redirects in the routing table for addresses or address ranges in your router to accomplish the task?

• mfillpot
    I do not think there are any distros that carry the proprietary driver by default due to licensing reasons. However from the command line you can put in the command "sudo apt-get install nvidia-current" to install the nvidia drivers from the online repos for either of those distros as Zorin is based upon ubuntu. Since you have been using only ubuntu based distros I recommend trying some others out like fedora or magea to see if they are having the same problems.
    Link to this post 30 Oct 13

I do not think there are any distros that carry the proprietary driver by default due to licensing reasons. However from the command line you can put in the command "sudo apt-get install nvidia-current" to install the nvidia drivers from the online repos for either of those distros as Zorin is based upon ubuntu.

Since you have been using only ubuntu based distros I recommend trying some others out like fedora or magea to see if they are having the same problems.

• mfillpot
    Most distros will offer the proprietary drivers in the package manager, the run file is used for manual distros like slackware or to create the packaged file. I recommend trying something like ubuntu and going to the hardware drivers option and selecting to install the latest nvidia driver. If you can share what distros you have tried, we may be able to find the instructions for the distro(s).
    Link to this post 30 Oct 13

Most distros will offer the proprietary drivers in the package manager, the run file is used for manual distros like slackware or to create the packaged file.

I recommend trying something like ubuntu and going to the hardware drivers option and selecting to install the latest nvidia driver.

If you can share what distros you have tried, we may be able to find the instructions for the distro(s).

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board