• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 15 Jun 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • adnhack
    RE: Max Kernel.SHMMAX in SUSE10(32Bit) ?
    Hi Arun, you can't allow more than 4 GB in a 32 bits system. the Max is 4GB, from which 3.4 GB are just for the use and the other 600mb is for system allocation. This is not a configuration problem is a hardware problem, if you want to use more than 4GB change your processor to a 64 bits and use a 64bits Linux Version... hope this can help you
    Link to this post 15 Feb 11

Hi Arun, you can't allow more than 4 GB in a 32 bits system. the Max is 4GB, from which 3.4 GB are just for the use and the other 600mb is for system allocation. This is not a configuration problem is a hardware problem, if you want to use more than 4GB change your processor to a 64 bits and use a 64bits Linux Version... hope this can help you

• adnhack
    RE: Should I go Linux?
    Agree with you
    Link to this post 14 Jul 10

Agree with you

• adnhack
    RE: Wifi Connection Problem
    start we the easy part (...and maybe is a little fool but) check for your password... if this not work, try to access to a public and unprotected network. If it detect the wifi and other networks maybe is something wrong with your password, or pass encryption ...
    Link to this post 14 Jul 10

start we the easy part (...and maybe is a little fool but) check for your password... if this not work, try to access to a public and unprotected network. If it detect the wifi and other networks maybe is something wrong with your password, or pass encryption ...

• adnhack
    RE: G.HO.ST
    Yea, the bad news are the sync contacts in Ubuntu One is no more free, it has a 30 days only free trial, and after that if you want to keep using it you should upgrade :(
    Link to this post 13 Jun 10

Yea, the bad news are the sync contacts in Ubuntu One is no more free, it has a 30 days only free trial, and after that if you want to keep using it you should upgrade :(

• adnhack
    RE: What Distro is Google using?
    Google, like many other big companies, use several OS Flavors like Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, BSD... it depends on the requirement. Linux is great, and I love Fedora, but I know Linux is not the best in all the areas, sometimes you need a windows machine (for example, when you are going to develop and application focused on Windows user), or a Mac (yea, design, movie editor, etc) or Linux (many, many flavors). What I try to say Google is not married with just one OS, but, for sure in desktop computers, the list should be like this one: 1.- Windows 2.- Mac 3.- Linux and for servers 1.- Linux 2.- Windows 3.- Other Source: Voices in my head
    Link to this post 02 Jun 10

Google, like many other big companies, use several OS Flavors like Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, BSD... it depends on the requirement. Linux is great, and I love Fedora, but I know Linux is not the best in all the areas, sometimes you need a windows machine (for example, when you are going to develop and application focused on Windows user), or a Mac (yea, design, movie editor, etc) or Linux (many, many flavors).

What I try to say Google is not married with just one OS, but, for sure in desktop computers, the list should be like this one:
    1.- Windows
    2.- Mac
    3.- Linux

and for servers

1.- Linux
    2.- Windows
    3.- Other

Source: Voices in my head

• adnhack
    RE: use command line to chat
    I use the CenterIM (before was centeriq) and it's great
    Link to this post 02 Jun 10

I use the CenterIM (before was centeriq) and it's great

• adnhack
    RE: Having trouble with .ISO images
    Hi dude, I got an Acer Netbook too (aspire one ZG5) and I try the Fedora USB creator and I got a lot of errors too, after then I just use the Linux-Live USB Creator and this one works fine. You can make your usb bootable and install the Fedora (or whatever Linux flavor you want) with no problems. Hope this can help you Source: Voices in my head
    Link to this post 01 Jun 10

Hi dude, I got an Acer Netbook too (aspire one ZG5) and I try the Fedora USB creator and I got a lot of errors too, after then I just use the Linux-Live USB Creator and this one works fine. You can make your usb bootable and install the Fedora (or whatever Linux flavor you want) with no problems. Hope this can help you

Source: Voices in my head

• adnhack
    RE: Welcome to Linux Post
    Hey Jack (aka fanguangshou :D ), welcome to the Forum and you too Matt, by the way, where are you from Matt? If you need some help, mfillpot is the man :D and you can ask me too (easy questions I'm not an expert) lol

Hey Jack (aka fanguangshou :D ), welcome to the Forum and you too Matt, by the way, where are you from Matt?
    If you need some help, mfillpot is the man :D
    and you can ask me too (easy questions I'm not an expert) lol

• adnhack
    RE: Books for C/C++ Development on Linux?
    Fedora is a good option, they have pre-installed Development tools and they repositories are full of other cool tools and alternativily you can download the "Mono Framework" it's useful for C/C++ and .NEt development. I hope this can help you

Fedora is a good option, they have pre-installed Development tools and they repositories are full of other cool tools and alternativily you can download the "Mono Framework" it's useful for C/C++ and .NEt development. I hope this can help you

• adnhack
    RE: Welcome to Linux Post
    I think I'll learn from you :D
    Link to this post 31 May 10

I think I'll learn from you :D

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board