Posted
  • IronHoof
    RE: I just have to say
    I will bookmark that! Thank you
    Link to this post 03 Jun 10

I will bookmark that! Thank you

• IronHoof
    I just have to say
    I switched from windows to Ubuntu and Kubuntu 2 weeks ago. I have two hard drives and they BOTH have Linux on them. I always see people asking question but I don't have a question I just wanted to applaud the Linux community. With in the first 2 days I was back to programming and editing X11 cursors making icons doing everything I was doing in windows. I know they say it has a learning curve but to me it seemed plain and simple. I just needed to learn a couple terminal commands and key combinations to get started. I like to jump right into things and I am a hobby programmer so its not like that was a major contributing factor. However maybe because I knew dos I am comfortable with command prompts, exploring and modifying. It doesn't matter in any case I love Ubuntu and its sub types. I downloaded each and every single one to try too. I not only converted but after using it for 4 days and giving it the praise it deserves I have gotten 3 other people to switch too. I will keep absorbing the knowledge for now and I will pass what I learned. Keep up the good work everyone and thank you!
    Link to this post 02 Jun 10

I switched from windows to Ubuntu and Kubuntu 2 weeks ago. I have two hard drives and they BOTH have Linux on them.
    I always see people asking question but I don't have a question I just wanted to applaud the Linux community.

With in the first 2 days I was back to programming and editing X11 cursors making icons doing everything I was doing in windows. I know they say it has a learning curve but to me it seemed plain and simple. I just needed to learn a couple
    terminal commands and key combinations to get started. I like to jump right into things and I am a hobby programmer so its not like that was a major contributing factor. However maybe because I knew dos I am comfortable with command prompts, exploring and modifying. It doesn't matter in any case I love Ubuntu and its sub types. I downloaded each and every single one to try too.

I not only converted but after using it for 4 days and giving it the praise it deserves I have gotten 3 other people to switch too.

I will keep absorbing the knowledge for now and I will pass what I learned.

Keep up the good work everyone and thank you!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board