• Last Logged In: 7 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Matt Palmer
    RE: unexpand command not working
    Hi, Have you checked the output of the file using 'od' this will show you if the formatting is there and for some reason you just arent seeing it when using 'cat'
    Link to this post 7 days ago

Hi,

Have you checked the output of the file using 'od' this will show you if the formatting is there and for some reason you just arent seeing it when using 'cat'

• Matt Palmer
    RE: useradd script fail
    Hi, its because you have this line incorrectly written: LOWIGROUP=`echo $IGROUP | tr [:upper:[b][[/b] [:lower:]` it should look like this: LOWIGROUP=`echo $IGROUP | tr [:upper:[b]][/b] [:lower:]`
    Link to this post 22 Dec 15

Hi,

its because you have this line incorrectly written:
    LOWIGROUP=`echo $IGROUP | tr [:upper:[ [:lower:]`

it should look like this:
    LOWIGROUP=`echo $IGROUP | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]`

• Matt Palmer
    RE: Tool to simulate multiple NFS clients
    Take a look at [url=DBench NFS-loadfiles]https://dbench.samba.org/web/nfs-loadfiles.html[/url]
    Link to this post 09 Oct 15

Take a look at https://dbench.samba.org/web/nfs-loadfiles.html

• Matt Palmer
    RE: Wget script
    Have you tried Aria2c?? [b]aria2c -x 16 [url][/b]

Have you tried Aria2c??

aria2c -x 16

• Matt Palmer
    RE: Printing from OSX Mavericks to a Ricoh photocopier
    Hi, You could take a look at PaperCutNG( I think its free for personal use) if you have a local linux server on your network. Basic steps once you install PaperCut are: use the CUPS interface on the server running PaperCut to create a printer queue. (You have the choice of IPP,Samba,LPR and so on). Install the PPD for the printer on your Mac and create a new printer on your Mac and point it to the PapercutNG CUPS queue. Hope that helps.

Hi,

You could take a look at PaperCutNG( I think its free for personal use) if you have a local linux server on your network.

Basic steps once you install PaperCut are: use the CUPS interface on the server running PaperCut to create a printer queue. (You have the choice of IPP,Samba,LPR and so on). Install the PPD for the printer on your Mac and create a new printer on your Mac and point it to the PapercutNG CUPS queue.

Hope that helps.

• Matt Palmer
    RE: Best System Monitoring tools
    Hi, You could check out [url=https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html]Monit[/url] or a heavier tool like [url=http://www.zabbix.com/]Zabbix[/url] and setup a custom trigger if a predefined threshold is met.
    Link to this post 04 Sep 15

Hi,

You could check out Monit or a heavier tool like Zabbix and setup a custom trigger if a predefined threshold is met.

• Matt Palmer
    RE: Unexpected Terminal Porblem
    Hi, Do the same characters appear in the shell if you exit into non-graphical mode? What is your TERM variable set to in that session?
    Link to this post 04 Sep 15

Hi,

Do the same characters appear in the shell if you exit into non-graphical mode?

What is your TERM variable set to in that session?

• Matt Palmer
    RE: Linux Hardware Monitoring Tool
    Hi, It sounds like what you are after is 'sensors' / lm-sensors. Theres a package available for it on SLES "zypper in sensors" Hope that helps
    Link to this post 05 Feb 15

Hi,

It sounds like what you are after is 'sensors' / lm-sensors.

Theres a package available for it on SLES

"zypper in sensors"

Hope that helps

• Matt Palmer
    RE: what distro for asus eee
    You could try using Mint, I'm using that on an Aspire One and it works great for that kind of usage. I also had some problems with Skype on this however, to do with receiving and sending audio, there are a couple of good posts that a quick google will point you in the right direction for to fix this though. Hope that helps
    Link to this post 01 Jul 13

You could try using Mint, I'm using that on an Aspire One and it works great for that kind of usage.

I also had some problems with Skype on this however, to do with receiving and sending audio, there are a couple of good posts that a quick google will point you in the right direction for to fix this though.

Hope that helps

• Matt Palmer
    RE: UK Linux & Unix developers/partners
    Hi Andrew, are you asking what specific skillsets are needed by the 3rd party, or how to identify whether they are the right party to choose? I guess it really depends on the exact nature of what you are asking of the 3rd party with regards to what skills they would need. Can you be more specific?
    Link to this post 25 Aug 11

Hi Andrew,

are you asking what specific skillsets are needed by the 3rd party, or how to identify whether they are the right party to choose?

I guess it really depends on the exact nature of what you are asking of the 3rd party with regards to what skills they would need.

Can you be more specific?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Linux Training / Board