• Last Logged In: 26 Mar 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • prashantkadre
    RE: reboot
    I do agree with Deop, Ubuntu will work absolutely fine. Bit still if you willing to reset your existing OS root password then please do follow below. during the booting time by pressing any key on keyboard you will get an option to enter into grub menu and from their you can edit kernal version and reset password by passwd command it will help you to reset password for root which is super user.
    Link to this post 12 Feb 13

I do agree with Deop, Ubuntu will work absolutely fine.

Bit still if you willing to reset your existing OS root password then please do follow below.

during the booting time by pressing any key on keyboard you will get an option to enter into grub menu and from their you can edit kernal version and reset password by passwd command it will help you to reset password for root which is super user.

• prashantkadre
    RE: Setting Linux Access ACLs
    It might be an typo

It might be an typo

• prashantkadre
    RE: collect red hat linux error logs
    All logs kept under /var/log directory if you using solaris their is slight diff in the location /var/adm

All logs kept under /var/log directory if you using solaris their is slight diff in the location /var/adm

• prashantkadre
    RE: OS
    I suggest to use Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/
    Link to this post 11 Feb 13

I suggest to use
    Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/

• prashantkadre
    RE: Need Help With Dual Boot Install.
    I do agree with Nixsavy & Roobal.. Virtual box is an very good option for you. Even you made any mistake you can roll back to previous step and it's easy to handle/Understand. Their would be no harm to your Windows 7. Virtual Box or VMware will work smoothly. But i suggest to use Virtual box easy to understand.
    Link to this post 11 Feb 13

I do agree with Nixsavy & Roobal..

Virtual box is an very good option for you. Even you made any mistake you can roll back to previous step and it's easy to handle/Understand.

Their would be no harm to your Windows 7.

Virtual Box or VMware will work smoothly. But i suggest to use Virtual box easy to understand.

• prashantkadre
    RE: Installation without swap
    Use of swap is well known to me, Only concern with weather we can install os without it or not ?
    Link to this post 23 Oct 12

Use of swap is well known to me, Only concern with weather we can install os without it or not ?

• prashantkadre
    Installation without swap
    Hi Friends, Do we install redhat or any other Os without an swap partition ? If Yes, What is the role of swap during the installation or why it's so needed that its an mandatory during the installation? If No, Explain an installation process ? Regards, Prashant Kadre
    Link to this post 18 Oct 12

Hi Friends,

Do we install redhat or any other Os without an swap partition ?

If Yes, What is the role of swap during the installation or why it's so needed that its an mandatory during the installation?

If No, Explain an installation process ?

Regards,
    Prashant Kadre

• prashantkadre
    RE: Updating Ubuntu grub
    this may help you Please visit the Grub2/Upgrading community documentation for more information and instructions
    Link to this post 19 Jul 12

this may help you

Please visit the Grub2/Upgrading community documentation for more information and instructions

• prashantkadre
    RE: ubuntu 12.04 LTS , usb modem not working on os
    buddy try this. plug micromax and go for option usb tethering or hotspot active probabaly it will start working..:) bet of luck.
    Link to this post 18 Jul 12

buddy try this.

plug micromax and go for option usb tethering or hotspot active probabaly it will start working..:)

bet of luck.

• prashantkadre
    RE: ubuntu 12.04 LTS , usb modem not working on os
    Even me too facing the same problem
    Link to this post 17 Jul 12

Even me too facing the same problem

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board