• Last Logged In: 25 May

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • crond
    Nameserver changing application
    Hi all, I am learning newt and started to do some basic stuff. Now, I made one binary, which is a CLI GUI to change the nameserver address, for New Linux users . [ Basically, will edit the /etc/resolv.conf file. I believe all distro use the same file for resolving name to address.] can be downloaded at : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0KIwbUHzY1vUEV2YVd3UGItUW8 all suggestions are Welcome Thanks
    Link to this post 18 Apr 12

Hi all, I am learning newt and started to do some basic stuff.

Now, I made one binary, which is a CLI GUI to change the nameserver address, for New Linux users .
    [ Basically, will edit the /etc/resolv.conf file. I believe all distro use the same file for resolving name to address.]

can be downloaded at : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0KIwbUHzY1vUEV2YVd3UGItUW8

all suggestions are Welcome

Thanks

• crond
    RE: What to write?
    you can try with some virtual banking, chat client applications to use your 'c' knowledge with Linux, in CLI .That will cover all 'C' concepts and Linux function calls
    Link to this post 17 Apr 12

you can try with some virtual banking, chat client applications to use your 'c' knowledge with Linux, in CLI .That will cover all 'C' concepts and Linux function calls

• crond
    RE: forum doesnt work with IE9
    "Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome." No one here, will do that. Do not WORRY .People here are Professionals. "Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option. As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have... " yes , no doubt in that. But, the point might be, the site has some small stability issue after some changes made due to security breach in kernel.org. So, just want to check whether site is up or not, you might be asked to use other browsers. And, now to check with your issue, I am typing this message, and sent you one private message through IE9 in Windows-7. And I dont have anything in my mind right now to start a forum topic. If I get one I will post through IE9 and will let you to know. Have a very good day
    Link to this post 16 Apr 12

"Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome."
    No one here, will do that. Do not WORRY .People here are Professionals.

"Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option.

As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have... "

yes , no doubt in that. But, the point might be, the site has some small stability issue after some changes made due to security breach in kernel.org. So, just want to check whether site is up or not, you might be asked to use other browsers.

And, now to check with your issue, I am typing this message, and sent you one private message through IE9 in Windows-7.
    And I dont have anything in my mind right now to start a forum topic. If I get one I will post through IE9 and will let you to know.

Have a very good day

• crond
    RE: Help on SD Boot Partition
    happy to hear that. Feel free to come here, in case if you need any help.
    Link to this post 31 Mar 12

happy to hear that.
    Feel free to come here, in case if you need any help.

• crond
    RE: Help on SD Boot Partition
    "If I try with Windows it says that support is not formatted. Is it right? " In this place, do you mean, laptop/desktop or Win CE in board? In either case , yes, it wont read ext FS. You can use some third party apps to read the ext FS in host system . after creating the partition in SD card, did you check by mounting the both ? I believe that, the SD card is not made bootable yet . If possible try with some other script. Support for beagle board is more in network. My guess is the bootable info written in FAT FS type,[ which is mostly not made correctly here ],and Root FS in ext2 .
    Link to this post 29 Mar 12

"If I try with Windows it says that support is not formatted. Is it right? "
    In this place, do you mean, laptop/desktop or Win CE in board?
    In either case , yes, it wont read ext FS. You can use some third party apps to read the ext FS in host system .

after creating the partition in SD card, did you check by mounting the both ?

I believe that, the SD card is not made bootable yet . If possible try with some other script.
    Support for beagle board is more in network.

My guess is the bootable info written in FAT FS type,[ which is mostly not made correctly here ],and Root FS in ext2 .

• crond
    RE: kernel error problem
    What actually you are trying to compile? Kernel ? In the board itself? In embedded systems mostly, Cross-Development is better than Native development. The root problem might be, "Bad block table found at page 131008, version 0x01 " Due the invalid entry [ the entries not expected by this kernel] ,everything may go down. The best solution is , approach your board supplier.Is the operation you are trying to do is supported by the board?
    Link to this post 03 Mar 12

What actually you are trying to compile? Kernel ? In the board itself?

In embedded systems mostly, Cross-Development is better than Native development.

The root problem might be, "Bad block table found at page 131008, version 0x01 "
    Due the invalid entry [ the entries not expected by this kernel] ,everything may go down.

The best solution is , approach your board supplier.Is the operation you are trying to do is supported by the board?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board