• Last Logged In: 01 Oct 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • narnia_fan12@live.com
    RE: VirtuaLinux- Virtualization of Linux OS
    Yes, I will be updating the site as new distros come out- I need someone who can help me out with the VM though. it seems way too advanced for me :S thanks for updating the link for me! :D
    Link to this post 01 Oct 10

Yes, I will be updating the site as new distros come out- I need someone who can help me out with the VM though. it seems way too advanced for me :S

thanks for updating the link for me! :D

• narnia_fan12@live.com
    Yeah, the website isn't complete yet. I'm researching ways to make the virtual desktop interactive, and the link you gave me helped a lot :) thanks! :D
    Link to this post 06 Sep 10

Yeah, the website isn't complete yet. I'm researching ways to make the virtual desktop interactive, and the link you gave me helped a lot :) thanks! :D

• narnia_fan12@live.com
    RE: Problem running executable files
    You should install the latest version of wine, right-click on the program, click mark as executable, and run it from there. If that doesn't work, then you should probably open a new thread to discuss further, I think.
    Link to this post 05 Sep 10

You should install the latest version of wine, right-click on the program, click mark as executable, and run it from there. If that doesn't work, then you should probably open a new thread to discuss further, I think.

• narnia_fan12@live.com
    thanks, Mfillpot!! :) it fits much better in the new to linux forum. :D I hope you like it :)

thanks, Mfillpot!! :) it fits much better in the new to linux forum. :D I hope you like it :)

• narnia_fan12@live.com
    VirtuaLinux- Virtualization of Linux OS
    I wasnt sure where to post this... I've been working on a website that will help people decide which Linux distro to choose, by virtually trying it out online. Its pretty simple, but I tried to keep to the spirit of the linux distros. Its full of links for new users, an overview of the OS, and more. :) http://virtualinux.tk (why .tk? its open source like linux ;) ) -the link doesn't work, but you can copy and paste into your web browser to see it :) As of now, I've made Ubuntu, KDE, Mandriva, and Fedora open to virtualization. Tell me if you guys like it, and give me suggestions!!:cheer: :laugh: I'm not trying to push my website to get some hits on it. I'm just trying to help new Linux users choose before the 2 month wait for free discs or the 7 hour download (that I went through). :)

I wasnt sure where to post this... I've been working on a website that will help people decide which Linux distro to choose, by virtually trying it out online. Its pretty simple, but I tried to keep to the spirit of the linux distros. Its full of links for new users, an overview of the OS, and more. :)

http://virtualinux.tk (why .tk? its open source like linux ;) ) -the link doesn't work, but you can copy and paste into your web browser to see it :)

As of now, I've made Ubuntu, KDE, Mandriva, and Fedora open to virtualization. Tell me if you guys like it, and give me suggestions!!:cheer: :laugh: I'm not trying to push my website to get some hits on it. I'm just trying to help new Linux users choose before the 2 month wait for free discs or the 7 hour download (that I went through). :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board