• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 07 Sep 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • linuxdude
    one gateway and two other networks (subnets)
    Hi all, I have a server thats got 3 nics , eth2 internet, eth0, 1 are the different subnets and each of the subnet connections have a different dhcp scope which works fine. I have tried to route the gateway connection to the other two nics via the route and ip route command plus turning on the ip_forwarding but the clients on the different subnets can not get the internet, but i can ping the gateway ip of each subnet fine, it just wont forward the traffic though to the clients. Do i have to use iptables etc to route the traffic aswell as using route and ip route command Any help on this will be great Many thanks
    Link to this post 05 Sep 10

Hi all,

I have a server thats got 3 nics , eth2 internet, eth0, 1 are the different subnets and each of the subnet connections have a different dhcp scope which works fine. I have tried to route the gateway connection to the other two nics via the route and ip route command plus turning on the ip_forwarding but the clients on the different subnets can not get the internet, but i can ping the gateway ip of each subnet fine, it just wont forward the traffic though to the clients.

Do i have to use iptables etc to route the traffic aswell as using route and ip route command

Any help on this will be great

Many thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board